my kinor 16cx-2m

Lee Young

I am posting these pictures for the sake of those who are interested in obtaining a matte box and/or a ghetto video tap for the kinor 16cx-2m.

CONCERNING THE MATTE BOX:

The Matte box is a Lee Filters wide-angle matte box with one filter slot. The matte box is so light that it does not require rails to support it. The matte box cost 170.00

In order for it to fit onto the filter threads of my camera I had lee filters make a custom 67mm adapter ring. That cost $150.00

CONCERNING THE GHETTO VIDEO TAP:

The ghetto video tap is a 600 line lipstick camera that I bought off of ebay for $60.00. That is connected to an LG 7" DVD player that has a video in. In order to power the lipstick camera, I use a small lead-acid battery. I cut the end off of the AC adaptor that came with the lipstick camera and attached alligator clips the the "+" and "-" wires of the severed end of the AC adaptor. Those then connect to the 9v adaptor and power it for many hours.

In order to mount the monitor to the camera, I use a super clamp and a flexi-arm made for the super clamp. The super clamp clamps onto the battery on the bottom of the DVD player. The kinor conveniantly has a 1/4" inch hole tapped in it above the crystal sync unit. The Flexi-arm screws into that, thus supporting the DVD players. To further support the DVD player, industrial strength velcro is both on the camera and the DVD player in certain areas. I hope this helps some people out there and please message me if you need any clarifications or can suggest some improvements.

kinor1.jpg

camera3.jpg

• 8 years later...