Looking for San Francisco Stock Footage for a ...

• Premium Member

I'm writing to introduce the son of a friend of mine, Chapman film student Derek Doneen. He should be joining us on this forum soon.

Derek is in need of some stock footage for his student film, here's his wish list:

Ideally, I need approximately 4 minutes of stock B-roll footage.

If possible, some or all of the following shots would be ideal:

- Long (30-60sec) Ariel or Helicopter shot at night over downtown San Francisco

- Stationary Ariel time lapse of the SF skyline as day transitions into night

- Moving shot (as if shot from a vehicle) late at night showing empty streets and all the night walking derelicts cruising the streets.

- ext night, stationary time lapse. busy San Francisco intersection with traffic rushing through

- ext, night. Overhead slow moving shot looking down at a street below. Cars are rushing through the frame (slow moving time lapse)

- Ext, dawn. shot of downtown SF skyline as early morning sun creeps through the buildings.

I shot in 35mm. As such I would need footage that was originally shot on 35mm or a comparable format such as Varicam or D5 HD.

If any of you have anything like the above on the shelf, let us know. I'll let Derek take over as soon as he gets here.

Thanks in advance --

-- J.S.

• 1 month later...

Hello John,

Pixelflow is a new stock footage resource. All of our material comes from HiDef source. We don't have a ton of footage right now, but one of our artists (Purple Cat) has some shots on your list.

Please check it out and feel free to message me with any questions. We would be very happy to have you as a member.

Best regards,

Patrick

• Premium Member

You could try contacting David Mallin: http://www.cloudchaserinc.com/

He has shot a lot of beautiful timelapse footage in San Francisco and might have a stock footage library. I believe most of it is Super16 though. Sounds like he lives in LA now, so you might even be able to meet up with him.