SRW-1 recorder

Hi all,

This is my first post on cinematography.com.

I'm an Australian 1st AC based in Byron Bay NSW.

Looks like there's quite a few knowledgeable camera people on here so I'm looking forward to some quality posts.

I've been having an issue with the SRW-1 recorder when used with Genesis and F23 camera's.

I often get an error on the recorder "#0010: Telefile full" which I know refers to the fact that the telefile memory of the recorder is full, however I'm not sure how to delete the existing memory in the field (after 70 files it is full). Alternatively, I just need to be able to switch off the error message from showing in the viewfinder but still have VF Display.

Any ideas?

I know this error message does not affect recording in any way or shape, but its just annoying for the operator to have "VTR WARNING" flashing in the viewfinder if he or she wishes to monitor VF Display while shooting.

Cheers

The manual is the first place I looked. But unfortunately doesn't help.

Thanks anyway.

Scott,

Is this a new HDCAM SR Tape? Here is a step-by-step answer to your question. The tape which has a full "Telefile" needs to be in the SRW1 deck and turned on from the camera or on the SRPC.

On the remote push "HOME" plus "SYSTEM" at the same time.

This will bring you into the "DIAGNOSIS" page

using the toggal/dial to the "TELEFILE" page and select enter

select the "FORMAT" page and push enter

This will bring you to a page which state's "Format Telefile?" Press [Func] + [Enter] to Format.

This will clear your Telefile inside the HDCAM SR Tape which is full of data. As for the flashing VTR warning in your viewfinder this will stop. You can also set up what warning you what to see or not see in the Operation menu on both the Genesis and F23. You can call on your Rental house on this. You should not have seen this Telefile full if you have a new tape.

Hope this has helped and your shoot goes well.

All the best,

Mark August

Panavision Hollywood, CA

Scott,

Is this a new HDCAM SR Tape? Here is a step-by-step answer to your question. The tape which has a full "Telefile" needs to be in the SRW1 deck and turned on from the camera or on the SRPC.

On the remote push "HOME" plus "SYSTEM" at the same time.

This will bring you into the "DIAGNOSIS" page

using the toggal/dial to the "TELEFILE" page and select enter

select the "FORMAT" page and push enter

This will bring you to a page which state's "Format Telefile?" Press [Func] + [Enter] to Format.

This will clear your Telefile inside the HDCAM SR Tape which is full of data. As for the flashing VTR warning in your viewfinder this will stop. You can also set up what warning you what to see or not see in the Operation menu on both the Genesis and F23. You can call on your Rental house on this. You should not have seen this Telefile full if you have a new tape.

Hope this has helped and your shoot goes well.

All the best,

Mark August

Panavision Hollywood, CA

Perfect!

Thank you mate.

:)

That's exactly what I was looking for.