Mamma Mia

JESUS fu**ING H. TAPDANCING CHRIST (I love getting my anger out in horrible swears). Why do I have to wait to September 12th? And yes, IMDB got it wrong, it wasn't released last friday. I mean... come on, almost two months from the U.S. release? Ridiculous, in my view, and I REALLY want to watch that movieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

• 11 years later...
On 7/21/2008 at 12:07 PM, Max Jacoby said:

Oh now I'm curious who will admit to being a mamma Mia fan!

I will. Watching it today for the first time, a Blue-Ray copy on a big monitor. (Not a fan of chick flicks at all, favourite directors being David Lynch, Scorsese and Hitchcock...) Sometimes you just need a little dose of lightness and optimism.

No idea why so many complaints about the cinematography, I found it out of this world beautiful, with plenty of anamorphic goodness and cozy atmosphere. Wonderful diffusion and flares. Never seen so vibrant colours in my life - like glorious Technicolor, but more nuanced. Might look over the top to some, but I think such cinematography (and art direction) is perfectly suitable for the overall tone of the movie. Very enjoyable.