Best place to purchase Super 8 film

Christopher Frey

Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing to shoot a short film of mine and wanted to shoot some scenes on Double-X and plus-x (reversal), but the only problem is that I don't live anywhere near a store that sells super 8 film. I don't know how much I want to purchase off ebay because: 1. I don't need that much film 2. Budget is micro and 3. It's not much cheaper than full price.

I've looked Bhphoto.com and they only sell reversal film, but I was wondering if there was a place (other than Kodak directly) I could get all my super 8 needs?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing to shoot a short film of mine and wanted to shoot some scenes on Double-X and plus-x (reversal), but the only problem is that I don't live anywhere near a store that sells super 8 film. I don't know how much I want to purchase off ebay because: 1. I don't need that much film 2. Budget is micro and 3. It's not much cheaper than full price.

I've looked Bhphoto.com and they only sell reversal film, but I was wondering if there was a place (other than Kodak directly) I could get all my super 8 needs?

Thanks,

Chris

buying direct from kodak is the cheapest way, unless you work out some deal with a lab. As a matter of fact, perhaps you should do that, but kodak is the way to go.

chris

• Premium Member

Best Prices are from Kodak:

1-800-621-FILM (3456)

Unfortunately Double-X isn't available in Super 8, just Tri-X and Plus-X in reversal.

Now if you need a stock Kodak doesn't make in Super 8 like Ektachrome 100D or Velvia 50D, Spectra would be your best best in the U.S. If you need other negative stocks Pro8mm offers a large selection, but buying directly from Kodak would be more reliable than Pro8mm.

Best Prices are from Kodak:

1-800-621-FILM (3456)

Unfortunately Double-X isn't available in Super 8, just Tri-X and Plus-X in reversal.

Now if you need a stock Kodak doesn't make in Super 8 like Ektachrome 100D or Velvia 50D, Spectra would be your best best in the U.S. If you need other negative stocks Pro8mm offers a large selection, but buying directly from Kodak would be more reliable than Pro8mm.

Thank you-- I realized that it was only for 16mm shortly after I posted the link. I'll use tri-x. thanks again. I'll probably go through Kodak.

• Premium Member
Thank you-- I realized that it was only for 16mm shortly after I posted the link. I'll use tri-x. thanks again. I'll probably go through Kodak.

Double-X is a great looking, grainy, old-feeling stock in 16mm... but it might be too grainy for Super 8.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we have a promotion for purchase of S8mm cartridges + processing and telecine in MiniDV or DVD. for B/W cartridges the price is 32,50?(1cartridge + processing and telecine) for moe info you can contact ifo@movieandsound.it

regards

Michelle

Hi,

Thanks,

Chris