Cinematic Wedding promo

Please take a look, give your opinion on a latest wedding promo.

I really was not sure if that kind of work would be of interest here.

Several shooting, editing techniques used, (with Passion : )

Appreciate letting me know what your think after viewing!

Oleg.

http://www.olegkalyan.ru/_Quicktime/Junepromo.wmv

about 35 mb.

Edited by Oleg Kalyan

I think it's BEAUTIFUL!!! FANTASTIC!!! EXTRAORDINARY!!!

I say this as an amateur filmmaker (even less than amateur), but with a background in 4-A advertising/marketing, and here's the problem with it from a marketing standpoint:

Most people are ugly, and they realize that fact. Plus, they're not actors, like the subjects in that clip appear to be. So right away, people are going to be intimidated, like thinking, "This is my wedding day, and I'm going to be expected to spend half of it doing a shoot? And how could Ipossibly do it as well as THAT!?"

Also, the PARENTS of the couples getting married, who are paying for this whole shabang, are going to think, "What the hell is this? I just want nice pictures of Uncle Sol who's going to drop dead any day now."

Man, from a marketing standpoint, you have a tough nut to crack. That stuff is GORGEOUS, but not only will it scare away certain people because of its serious cinematic nature, but also because it looks so dang expensive.

I don't know where you live, but if you can get that (on a disc) into the hands of the bluebloods getting married, the rich folks, then that piece is PERFECT!!! OUTSTANDING!!!

But for the average person, I just think it's too scary and intimidating.

It still gets a 10 out of 10 though, and if I win the lottery and dump my wife and marry an 18-year-old (I'm 51), you're HIRED!!!

Edited by Ira Ratner

Ira, really appreciate so many nice words!

You are way too kind : ) :rolleyes:

This was a particular wedding, (aren't they all after all, to me they are!)

Yet, there was very powerful emotional exchange expressed during a dance, between the father and the bride.

I happened to record a rare and intimate dance, almost at the end of the event, I have not seen anything like this before, to that degree of expression, it's to me where the Life itself is more beautiful than a movie or a fiction!

All you've seen is shot during a wedding day, and I can tell it's affordable!

A promo is a part from a 1 hour 45 minutes wedding film, some of the most expressive moments and F&B dance to keeps the structure of the clip.

The editing and some bold camera moves are to add to emotional dynamic of the day,

at the beginning used 35 mm optics on a Canon H1 camera.

I live in Moscow, Russia now, but spent 12 years of my life in Los Angeles.

if I win the lottery and dump my wife and marry an 18-year-old (I'm 51), you're HIRED!!!

Deal!

: ) You are still way too young, I produced a documentary on a 70 year old American man, traveling to Colombia to find an 18 year old girl, to marry her!

Remarkable real strory!

It was screened at Long Beach International Film Festival, back in 2003.