How To Light Hair And Beauty

Can you tell me or advice me how can archive the best results shooting hair and beauty? What is the best way to light hair? How about the exposure for hair and face? what are the film stock you advice to use? Is there anything else I should know about before I start shooting this type of Tvc? Thank you in advance for the advice.

light hair need big source to reflect on the hair

you have to be careful not to "block" the color

to light a face there are endless options depend what is the mood, what is the structure of the face.

Thank you Mr Ram. To get the highlight, which direction should the light coming from? which is better, direct strong light or strong soft light?

And how do I know there is enough highlight or too much. How can I get the correct exposure?

What I mean by lighting face is about beauty. Sorry I did not describe it in detail. What if I would to light the model in beauty shot.

What is the filters or gels that you think I can use to get the nice soft lighting.

to get the high light i would use big soft source

it should come with the reflection angel to the camera

you look with your eyes and see if you see details colors

you can check with the spot meter.

today most of beauty shoot done with big soft frontal light

or ring light or you can take 4 4bank kino and built box light and put the cam inside

you can use: soft fx, glimmer, promist white or black you can go with behind the lens net

i would overexposed the face like 1/2 stop over

and don't forget the post work you can do with color correct and after effect

Addind to Ram's reply....dependent on age make sure that face is never brighter than background. Have a reflective source from underneath and don't be afraid to use negative fill to accentuate the bone structure.

A good post for you to look at is Adam Frisch's when he shot the Girls Aloud video.....I believe if you search it via "Girls Aloud" that you'll find it.

The others probably said this, cause I'm just too lazy to read them; but for beauty, you need to use soft light a lot, except not too much. Then you should light the hair with a string backlight, but remember not to put the backlight up too high either, because to get the hair to glow, you need to have the light level with it.