Hi all from italy

• Premium Member

Ciao Francesco. Com 'e stai?

It's been awhile since I've spoken Italian, so apologizes for any mistakes (come or com e ?).

Before someone else jumps on you, you must change your display name (under my controls) to your first and last name, as per the rules here.

Now that that's done with, welcome. What part of Italy are you from?

Ciao Francesco. Com 'e stai?

It's been awhile since I've spoken Italian, so apologizes for any mistakes (come or com e ?)

in this case it'd be "come" but, curiously enough, if you would have said "com'è?" it'd have been the same as "come stai" :P just to confuse you a bit

However ciao francesco, mi accodo anche io ai saluti :D

Edited by Valerio Sacchetto

• Premium Member

It's been awhile. Though I think today is Italian day. Just at my starbucks before I came into the day job, I met 3 very nice Italian women studying in Philadelphia for a few weeks. . .

Gorgeous language and culture. . . though I should've paid much more attention in my Italian classes in High School. ..

It's been awhile. Though I think today is Italian day. Just at my starbucks before I came into the day job, I met 3 very nice Italian women studying in Philadelphia for a few weeks. . .

aahh students abroad...you lucky dog :lol:

Gorgeous language and culture. . . though I should've paid much more attention in my Italian classes in High School. ..

you can play the guy who knows a bit of the language but not too well, i do the same everytime here with foreign girls :P

• Premium Member

Damn, I thought I was the only one who used that trick!

Keep away from my g/f, she'll be in Rome this fall for painting. . . as will I for a weekend in Oct.

Normally, here in the US, I get to play the boy with a slight British accent. . the joys of growing up abroad. . . ;)

Damn, I thought I was the only one who used that trick!

Keep away from my g/f, she'll be in Rome this fall for painting. . . as will I for a weekend in Oct.

we'll see B) if get the chance to be in rome i'll surely search for an american girl paintings (there can't be too many, right?) just tell me when you'll be here... :lol:

No seriously ;)

Normally, here in the US, I get to play the boy with a slight British accent. . the joys of growing up abroad. . . ;)

is it switchable? like if you're in the UK you're the guy with a slight american accent?

• Premium Member

Ha, haven't tried it yet. I can pull off an interesting Texan accent though. I'll be there 'round Oct 5th is, for her birthday. I'm spending 30 hours on a plane to spend a weekend in Rome. . .I must be daft. But i'll be bringing a camera (or two) along to shoot some footage. I'll drop you a line if you in the citta, for a few birras (i think i spelled that right. . )

Ha, haven't tried it yet. I can pull off an interesting Texan accent though. I'll be there 'round Oct 5th is, for her birthday. I'm spending 30 hours on a plane to spend a weekend in Rome. . .I must be daft. But i'll be bringing a camera (or two) along to shoot some footage. I'll drop you a line if you in the citta, for a few birras (i think i spelled that right. . )

perfect, i may arrange something for that time.

I'm just heading out to a dinner with a girl coming to the states...you're warned ;)

oh and you spelled everything right :P hope to see you here then!