SR2 for Sale

David Rakoczy

Looks clean. A S16 conversion of the camera and lenses is likely to be $4K+ though. Unless the buyer prefers R16 ( :blink: ) or is willing to center extract the image for HD content.

When I bought my Aaton LTR 3 years ago (for far cheaper BTW), the 16mm market had been decimated by the newly available HD camcorders. I wonder if this is part of the fallout. Not too many clients want to pay for film when they see the cheaper HD picture. The ever-pesky "bottom line".

Only a few diehards -us- outside the big leagues still shoot film?

Sad!

Wow, David. For a second there I got worried you were leaving the buisness!

NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, at first I thought whoa... this thing is gonna be mine! I'd sell the Lenses and use it as a B-camera... but alas mine is Super 16 with PL Mount.. Anyway, yes, it would be a great Package for someone 'breaking in'... like Saul said.. it looks clean.

p.s. Adrian... hope my buddy was able to help you with your SR3 Wiring...

Edited by David Rakoczy

• Premium Member

David,

I talked to the owner at length about that camera package when he first put it up for sale about six months ago. I wish he would be more clear in the description.

The camera is due for an overhaul, so plan on adding $1000 to $1500 to the cost, and one of the magazines has had the feed spindle sheared off, so that is not usable until it is repaired, which could be costly.

It does have three decent zoom lenses with it, but alas, neither the camera, mags nor any of the lenses are Super 16.

A similar SRII package with the same video tap, three mags, P+S Technic Super 16 conversion, baseplate, rods, matte box, follow focus, filters (but no lenses), is up on eBay right now, with no reserve, going for $2750 (as of 8/13/08 at 3PM CST), so I think he's going to have a tough time getting $7000 for a regular 16 version.

Super 16 SRII on eBay

Best,

-Tim