ultra primes on xtr

orestis lambrou

Does any one know if I can use the zeiss ultra primes on an aaton xtr? I am worried that they are to big in dimeter and the viewfinder will be in the way. If anyone has tryied this before please let me know as soon as possible 'cause I need to deside by the end of the week what lens set I can order.

Cheers,

Orestis.

Sorry if I wasnt too clear. I was told by the company I'm getting the lenses from that they can't use them on an sr2 cause the front ellement is too big in dimeter and the bottom end of the eyepiece gets in the way. Ofcourse the eypiece on an sr is much closer to the lens port than on an aaton where there is more distance between the two. So I'm pretty sure they'd be fine but I would like to check if there is someone who has tryied this before and knows for a fact that its ok.

thanks.

Well, talking about SR's, I have used Ultra Primes on a SR3 Advanced ( I don't know if in design and measures internally would be the same as SR2 and SR besides double pressure plate added ) Still dont get it, if flange depth is callibrated, then should fit, I dont know if it might be related to the cam body mount, if it is Aaton or Pl mount, I have used Aaton XTR with Zeiss 35mm Super Speeds ( Pl Mount lenses and camera ) with no trouble, of course, I still don't know if measures of Elements diameter + Phisycal dimentions are the same as Ultra Primes. Perhaps you should write to Abel Cinetech, they are "the authorized Aaton distribuitors of Aaton ) they may have some addecuate more specific information on this issue.

All the best and good luck.

• 3 years later...
Well, talking about SR's, I have used Ultra Primes on a SR3 Advanced ( I don't know if in design and measures internally would be the same as SR2 and SR besides double pressure plate added ) Still dont get it, if flange depth is callibrated, then should fit, I dont know if it might be related to the cam body mount, if it is Aaton or Pl mount, I have used Aaton XTR with Zeiss 35mm Super Speeds ( Pl Mount lenses and camera ) with no trouble, of course, I still don't know if measures of Elements diameter + Phisycal dimentions are the same as Ultra Primes. Perhaps you should write to Abel Cinetech, they are "the authorized Aaton distribuitors of Aaton ) they may have some addecuate more specific information on this issue.

All the best and good luck.

I'm also wondering actually just about using cook s4(35mm format) primes, and 100m on a high speed sr2 and wondering if it will leave room for the mattebox and follow focus? I know that 35mm wide angle lenses on the sr2 dont fit the forward rails but do cook s4s primes fit.