RED and GLIDE-CAM V20 vs V25

Michael Martinez

Someone over on the Steadicam Operators Association and maybe the Steadicam Forum just posted a Glidecam something for sale in the last few days.

The model / price will likely dictate the size camera you can fly and maybe some level of adjustment so you can't really judge based on price always but I don't know the Glidecam system / products.

If you've got $10k to spend you really ought to look at used Steadicam / PRO brand, at that price it might be older BUT it will hold it's value very well.

Also, check out the new Flyer and Flyer Arm; I think they have about a 19 lb payload rating.

Good luck!

• Premium Member

I don't know anything about Glidecam, but I can give you an idea of the weight of the Red when built for steadicam. I just did a feature with the Red. I didn't weigh it, but just before that job I did a commercial with a 435, and the first time I put the Red up on my rig I had to tighten the arm. That means that the Red setup I was flying was heavier than a 435 with Ultra Primes and lightweight mags. I'm sure you could fly the Red slightly lighter than the way we built it, but not much. So make sure whatever rig you go with can handle the weight. The Red body is compact, but it's pretty heavy for it's size, and by the time you get all the accessories you need it's not really any lighter than a film camera.

Someone over on the Steadicam Operators Association and maybe the Steadicam Forum just posted a Glidecam something for sale in the last few days.

The model / price will likely dictate the size camera you can fly and maybe some level of adjustment so you can't really judge based on price always but I don't know the Glidecam system / products.

If you've got $10k to spend you really ought to look at used Steadicam / PRO brand, at that price it might be older BUT it will hold it's value very well.

Also, check out the new Flyer and Flyer Arm; I think they have about a 19 lb payload rating.

Good luck!

Thank you very much!!!!!

Just found this for you.... on the v-20

Because its a fish eye.. most agree that its hard to tell how it flies... but they suggested the guy needs to play with the way he sets up the camera more...

http://www.vimeo.com/1627231

Thanks a lot for the link, do you have any other link.

Thank you very much again...