Jumping picture

Antonio

Hi,

I resently shot landscape scene, and when I watched it with the projector, the imagae was slightly moving up and down. The movement was little but disturbing. When I shot the scene I was using a good tripod, so where´s the problem? Is there enything ( exept reshoot the scene) to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Antonio

what filmstock did you use???

hi all

I am also interested to hear reply. i am planning to shoot in ektachrome 64t. is velvia 50D cartridge packed by spectra or some other companys have same problem? heared about frame master pressure plate. searched same but no reply from the site .waiting to hear about that.

thanks

what filmstock did you use???

I used ektachrome 64t and the camera what I used is Canon 814XL-S. I have never before met this kind jittering problem with any other filmstock. Forexample the good old K 40 worked just fine, and tri-x also. So, could the filmstock cause jittering/jumping?

Thanks,

Antonio

• Premium Member

Hi, understand 64t batch number lower than 311, ie, batch 309, is known to cause jitter, kodak are aware of this, my understanding is batch 311 onwards is now lubricated. Any idea which batch of 64t you exposed??

As for 50d, some people say its jitter free!! however, i have exposed 16mm 50d and the image is NOT stable, a friend has exposed regular 8 50d and it jams his camera, i have exposed alleged lubricated super 8 50d from GK, that also suffered 80% jitter, most of the footage was unusable. From now on, its kodak 64t batch 311 and higher for me, i have exposed 64t ( 311 ) results are very stable, and now the backwind in my 1014xls transports the film ok, batch 309 used to jam up my 1014xls in lap dissolve mode.