SRIII IVS

Yuka Eto

the ivs will not brake. i was told once that if you have to many accessories switched on at the same time, when you power the camera, the initial high power consumption will lead on the long run to a broken on/off switch. this is build of something with carbon and you have with every power up an electric spark that damages the carbon. i was told that it will lead to a switch that´s always on no matter what position. and i had an sr3 once that you couldn´t switch off it just stayed on. so just make sure that not everything is switched on at the same time. if you have ivs, onboard monitor, modulus, heated eyecup and a wireless ff on when you switch the camera on it´s maybe to much for the sr3.

• Premium Member
the ivs will not brake.

To be fair, every piece of gear with electronics in it will most likely fail eventually. That's just a fact of life.

In this particular instance there may have been a short of some kind or a bad cable that caused the trouble.

That's pretty weird about the on switch, I don't think I ever heard that and now I am curious. It seems like it could've easily been a bad accessory or cable and not necessarily the camera's electronics, either. I plugged in a pistol grip to an SR2 once and blue sparks came out. It was sort of exciting in that odd Wow And I Don't Have Health Insurance Right Now, Either way.