A-Minima

anup k

Hello:

I need an A-Minima with a set of block lens or a good zoom for a feature to be shot in India in December 2008/Jan 2009.

The shoot will be with a minimal set of crew (5-6 persons plus 2-3 actors) in crowded localities...I cannot afford 35MM and I need a small silent camera.

Write to me on bayankaran [at] yahoo.com - replace [at] with @. Give a phone number and I can call you.

Thanks.

Hello:

I need an A-Minima with a set of block lens or a good zoom for a feature to be shot in India in December 2008/Jan 2009.

The shoot will be with a minimal set of crew (5-6 persons plus 2-3 actors) in crowded localities...I cannot afford 35MM and I need a small silent camera.

Write to me on bayankaran [at] yahoo.com - replace [at] with @. Give a phone number and I can call you.

Thanks.

an xtr is the better way to go. The A-Minima is not a silent camera. XTR all the way.

• Premium Member
an xtr is the better way to go. The A-Minima is not a silent camera. XTR all the way.

I agree entirely. It's more comfortable to handhold, too. The a-minima forces you into this awkward hunched position. You also get rid of those awful 200' loads.

I have an A-Minima, an XTR and an Aaton 35-III and each one has its own individuality.

With the Minima you can pass unnoticed in a crowd playing the part of a tourist with a camcorder and still shoot high quality S16 images, the XTR is definately the choice for high end docomentary and fiction work.

In a small intimate production an A-Minima would not be out of place. Hand held is different than with an XTR, the Minima is not a shoulder camera, you have to nest it into the front of your shoulder, but it is very comfortable once you found the position. The 200' loads need to be loaded/unloaded in a changing bag, the plastic reels bend too much and the film gets edge fogged easily if you don't.

You can contact me if you are interested in my Minima, 3 mags, power base, handgrips front and top, batts and charger, comes with S16 Cooke 10-52 Varokinetal in PL mount, etc, etc.

If you really need a silent camera, the a-minima wouldn't really be a good choice. It's actually a bit loud, nearly 30 dB if I remember.

Thanks. I am planning to work with a crew of 6 (and 3 artists) and an XTR or even an Arri would be too big. Plus its India...you put a camera on a tripod and you need crowd control. You put a camera on your shoulder and you can probably pass off as a tourist.

Let me check with my Sound Designer if 30DB will be a problem.