NYC meetup

Annie Wengenroth

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Ok, for anyone interested. I will certainly be up in NYC on the 21st as well. I need to meet up with some people then.. if anyone is interested, i am available for drinks.

I'm also all for 21st...

Perhaps if everyone wants to see about making it a regular event? Every third saturday? Also if we decide on a location I'll setup and even on facebook, I have a few NY locals on there that aren't on the forum...

~Marque

• Premium Member

I'd like to meet up too. I can bring my 40K if you want full, spectrum light. It's the most powerful HMI in the world and I have the only one. I've built a

a particle accelerating reductive joulesstat that allows it to be powered by an inverter from a car. I use principles from economics (you know save a penny,

save twice as much the next day, and so on and you have a million bucks in a month) and applied them to generating power. I'll be in N.Y. for a conference on solving the world energy crisis (or prolonging it, depending on what kind of $ I'm going to earn) and I'll bring this gear because Annie mentioned the full spectrum light. It definitely works on Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have some 30Ks lighting a Scandinavian village right now as a test and people there are smiling 52% more.

This is proprietary technology. I'm glad to bring it but please be willing to sign non disclosure agreements and also not to ever mention this on the Internetting.

By the way, Jouelstat is a device that has little to do with Joules. I just wanted to name it after a gal named Julie because she broke up with me last Valentine's

Day by writing a letter and tying it to a brick and throwing it through a stained glass window at my head while I was in her church where I'd been called to discuss our wedding plans. I guess that it took me by surprise. I didn't really want to break up but I do and have always admired her passion.

• Premium Member
just want to make sure we match ;) (though i don't recall e mailing you 'bout fashion... must've been all the other Adrians you know.)

Hope to see you up there.

Have there been any details as to when/where people are meeting?

(Adrian said he would give me the address for ten bucks but I doubt that there is even a neighborhood called Newark in NYC.)

If you guys do anything from April 23rd through the 26th, I'll buy a round and just listen:

I'm flying up there for my 35-year high school reunion.

On second thought, I'll buy TEN rounds, because I'm going to need it to face this.

Haha, coordinated outfits. Can I get a pass?

I'm willing to waive my attempt at getting everyone to dress like me in exchange for going to a good bar: A that sells by the Imperial (19-3/16 U.S. fl. oz.) pint and hasn't heard of the smoking ban. Lol. No names please, but does said bar exist in NYC anymore?

• 3 months later...

Wait, when is this meetup? Goddamnit, I am goign to be there, regardless of the price of gas & bridge toll, this time. . . .

(P.S. Annie, you are making me *jealous* talking to Adrian when I'm not around :-p)