NYC meetup

Annie Wengenroth

If "NYC Meetup" were a feature film, it'd be chronically under budget, take a decade to get made, and flop when it finally did get released :unsure:

For the next date, let me suggest that everyone takes a blood oath to be there, and enables e-mail notification from here on out on this thread. . .

P.S. Annie, does the 35mm feature you are working on need a "gopher" because I am really really jealous!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl: possibly, but you'd have to work for free. I can find out. Although... we don't have that many days left, the schedule is kinda sporadic, and you can't crash at my place because I live in a studio apartment the size of a motel room with no couch. Thus, we would have to share the futon and I don't think we're at that level yet. :P Um, but yeah. Other than that, I'll ask production....

As for NYC Meetup 3D, I am not sure when this will happen because I'm ridiculously busy these days....

• 1 month later...
Haha, coordinated outfits. Can I get a pass?

I'm willing to waive my attempt at getting everyone to dress like me in exchange for going to a good bar: A that sells by the Imperial (19-3/16 U.S. fl. oz.) pint and hasn't heard of the smoking ban. Lol. No names please, but does said bar exist in NYC anymore?

I have found bars that offer one or the other, but not the combination. Needless to say, I'm down to drink with a bunch of people I've never met before. Let's get this going, perhaps with karaoke?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, my name is Steven and I work at K&M Camera in Tribeca. We actually have a studio that we could use to host a meeting or screenings if you guys would be interested in setting something up. We are starting to carry more cinematography products (we already carry a lot) and we are a store that likes to be involved in the community.

Everyone should feel free to stop by the store at 385 Broadway and email me about setting events up.

Steve

K&M Camera

Steven@kmcamera.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just got to Nyc from oklahoma a couple of months ago. I haven't really worked on anything lately because i'm in dental school now, but would like to meet you guys to talk film sometime at your meetings. I haven't really had much free time lately, but let me know when you meet and I'd see what I can do. If need be I can buy the first round to pay my dues, ha!

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am here the next two days, maybe Monday morning.

Anyone want to get together for a few drinks? I'm eager to meet up with some of you guys again!

Would love an opportunity to catch up with some of you other struggling ACs.

Edited by Karl Borowski

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm new here and don't know anyone yet (on this site that is) but I'm always down for some drinks if anyone's around. I love meeting people who also work in this crazy industry.

I work in the city a lot, but I live out on long island. Let me know if you need a hand on any projects

I work in the city a lot, but I live out on long island. Let me know if you need a hand on any projects

What town are you from? I'm supposed to be moving to Port Wash asap. I'll be sure to let you know, it's great to meet other people in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So... Guess this is dead, eh? Too bad, was a nice idea. I'm in NYC from time to time on business and have nothing to fill my evenings with, it'd be nice to meet some ppl and explore the city... :(

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Alexander Mirvis

The Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman P.C.

Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer in New York City

(Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan & Staten Island)

3033 Brighton 3rd Street

Brooklyn, NY 11235

(718) 616-1414

http://www.wesettle.com

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...