Wow!

• Premium Member

Interesting vid, but not very, ah, realistic.

They left out the part where they get fat and stop having sex, can't stand each other while they're trying to be parents, and eventually push on together to the end because they're too old and tired to change partners. I guess if the couple are lucky and aren't suffering from dementia they might be able to remember why they started out together, like in the video.

But that would just be too depressing!

Bruce

Hey maybe I misunderstood your post, but it's totally not unrealistic to grow old with your partner and love her every day of it. And especially to remember why too. That's what love is supposed to be, not this stupid "Physical Feeling", that's lust, and only skin deep. That worldly thought of what love is will only last so long. But to explain myself, I mean to say that there are most definitely people who love each other right up to the day one of them passes away. For example of just one of the many, my parents have been happily married now for 30 years and they still love each other so much it's a little awkward for us kids. And I can say right now with complete assurance that they will always be together and they will always love each other with the same intensity as on they're wedding day. Yes they have had they're arguments, but they have always gotten through them.

So I guess I'm just saying that you are most conclusively mistaken, if you say that it's unrealistic because the couple would eventually lose there love for one another just because the sex isn't good anymore. I just think that's stupid, and you've got the totally wrong idea about love if you think that all it is about is having sex. I'm sorry if you take offense to what I said, but that's my blantant opinion. And if that's not the way you think and that I mistook your post, then I'm sorry and I am happy for you.

Btw, that wasn't really on subject. The subject is about the Visual Effects, not the story in the video, at least I didn't think so.

You guys gotta be kidding with the negative comments!

That piece was WONDERFUL!!!!

The concept is fantastic--even though it may seem "obvious," as if it was done a hundred times before. But it hasn't been, and it sure was never done so straightforward, so simple, so in your face like this.

I'm 51, and I can show this to my wife, to my mom of 81, as well as my sons.

And it would touch all of them.

I absolutely loved this thing on EVERY level!!! And the production values were off the charts! (GORGEOUS skin and color!)

EFFIN, EFFIN, EFFIN GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applaud you.

And for those who don't believe you can really love your wife after years and years of marriage, man---you gotta mature. You love them MORE, although differently.

But differently in a GOOD way.

Edited by Ira Ratner

• Premium Member

Jeez, guys!

My previous comments were a J-O-K-E, okay?

You're not married to the Mad Woman of Chaillot either, so cut me a little slack here!

In the future I will limit my comments to technical aspects of the footage I view.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool video. The reality of time hit me; when you enter into marriage you enter not just for that moment, or the moments of beauty, but for a companionship that takes you through those wrinkles until parting ways at death. Very powerful way to get across an oft used vow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Tim Partridge

I didn't care for the CGI crumbling, but I loved the closing segment on the street. White hair really suits that actress.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't care for the CGI crumbling, but I loved the closing segment on the street.

Yeah, I agree on both points. The make-up in the intermediate stages just looked to me like smudges, and there should have been more sagging of the cheeks (gravity does take its toll, y'know).

On the whole, though, very well done.

--

Jim

• 3 months later...
that was very impressive.

So they did the majority of the work on shake? Ive heard good things about Shake... but im unsure of exactly what it is. Is it like adobe after effects? better/worse?

Shake is a compositing program like Combustion. However instead of compositing in layers you use nodes. I don't have AE so I can't give you a compare on the features, but you can download a 30 day trial on Apple's website to see for yourself: http://www.apple.com/shake/trial/

The Mac version is only $499 Linux is a bit more pricey at $4,999