Beaulieu 5008 S battery pack - repair in Canada or U.S?

Earl Moloney

hullo..

I work for a film co-op in Victoria BC and we've got a very nice Beaulieu 5008 S camera with a hooped battery pack. I searched these forums and found a couple European repair places, but am hoping to locate something a bit closer to home to save on shipping costs. Does anyone here have any suggestions? I've been trying to get in touch with IJM incorporated, but I'm not having much luck. Below is what the pack looks like....

thanks!!!

Earl

post-34766-1222362662.jpg

hullo..

I work for a film co-op in Victoria BC and we've got a very nice Beaulieu 5008 S camera with a hooped battery pack. I searched these forums and found a couple European repair places, but am hoping to locate something a bit closer to home to save on shipping costs. Does anyone here have any suggestions? I've been trying to get in touch with IJM incorporated, but I'm not having much luck. Below is what the pack looks like....

thanks!!!

Earl

I have a Beaulieu 4008 ZMII, and when I bought it the battery was dead. I started looking for places to buy new batteries or places where they re-celled the old battery, but I found out that it's really easy to make a battery yourself. Even if you don't have the 'engineering' skills I'm sure you know someone who can do this for you. Here's a link to a thread about how I made my battery: Making a battery for beaulieu 4008 zmII

Edited by greg ocallaghan

Hi Earl,

I think I can be of help. I'm in Montreal. I've done many battery packs for filmmakers using Beaulieu cameras.

Do you wish to keep the battery pack external and attached with an umbilical or rebuild the on-board handgrip battery which might be the preferred choice? We could go either way you like. Let me know.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Hi Earl,

I think I can be of help. I'm in Montreal. I've done many battery packs for filmmakers using Beaulieu cameras.

Do you wish to keep the battery pack external and attached with an umbilical or rebuild the on-board handgrip battery which might be the preferred choice? We could go either way you like. Let me know.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

hi Jean-Louis,

The main thing we want is just a rechargeable battery source for this camera; would you be able to give us a kind of rough ballpark quote for either option - the external versus rebuilding the onboard?

We're a very small film co-op - CineVic (www.cinevic.ca), but we also want this camera to be up & running for our members again soon...

Let me know also if I should be contacting you elsewhere about this...

thanks!!

Earl