Canon 5D MK II uncorrected video clips

Tonis Liivamagi

As most of you probably know Vincent shot his short movie Reverie with Vistavision sensor sized Canon 5D MK II and now he in conjunction with Canon published the raw, straight from the camera footage that was shot with ISO 1600!! So it doesn't require additional lightning Check it out and read his comments.

Feel free to request Canon to implement 24/25 fps to this game changing camera in Vincent's blog entry.

See the short film here: http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?ac...;articleID=2086

Cheers,

T

Guest Alexandre Lucena

It seems still camera manufactures are gradually introducing photo/35mm dof video cameras.

This venture is very welcome indeed. My wish list for these gears are:

2k sized image

18fps to 60fps speed options

2 canon balanced audio inputs

full manual control

editable, open source codec

and a 2 to 3 thousand dollars price tag for the body(a dye cast one, with robust knobs, hasselblat style).

What do you fellows think?

Alexandre (mouthwatering) Lucena

Guest Alexandre Lucena

As for the hasselblat body style I mean a combination of LCD and viewfinder in one retractable metal

hood, as it is standard in medium format bodies.

Alexandre

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Oh well, it seems that it's tripod only according to this exaggerated hand held test: http://vimeo.com/1815853

Rolling shutter is really bad despite the low light capability and native depth of field.

Wow. That is a funky thing to see.

I can't get Canon's features page to load on the D5 MII. What does it store on? On board, mini Gb hard drives? Or do you have to wire over to an external hard drive to get the HD video?

• 3 weeks later...