ltr7 & 100' rolls?

Eric Black

i am curious if it is possible to use 100' loads with the ltr7, my magazines only have the core for a 400, but someone mentioned that it may be removable? does fugi or kodak offer the 'bigger' round core on any of the loads, rather that the small square hole found on the metal 100rolls i have used fro kodak on the past?l

Yes, they come out. Release the metal locks on top of the core adapters by lifting them. Pull the core/ platter out, Voila!

Now you can use daylight 100' spools on the camera.

All daylight 100' loads (to my knowledge) came with small square hole regardless of brand, because the cameras they were designed for had that interface.

• Site Sponsor
Yes, they come out. Release the metal locks on top of the core adapters by lifting them. Pull the core/ platter out, Voila!

My LTR54 has a set screw on the side of the core platter, so if your LTR7 is like that don't unscrew the two top screws to take it out or you will be looking around on the floor for a set of small springs.

100' daylight spools make it loud too...

-Rob-

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
i am curious if it is possible to use 100' loads with the ltr7, my magazines only have the core for a 400, but someone mentioned that it may be removable? does fugi or kodak offer the 'bigger' round core on any of the loads, rather that the small square hole found on the metal 100rolls i have used fro kodak on the past?l

Here's how I used to do it on my LTR.

Aaton100ft.jpg

Best,

-Tim

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm resurrecting this thread 'cause I'm looking to do this. I have an LTR7 and having looked at the manual I have sussed out the feed side of the magazine regarding the daylight spools (use the "knurled' screw to remove the 400' core and hold the 100' spool in place...nifty idea). However on the take up side this isnt the case.

So I'm wondering is it a case of removing the 400' spool by first unscrewing the 2 top screws and then using a small spanner to remove the rest of the core (there's a nut there I see)? When that's done is it just a case of placing the daylight spool on top? How is it held in place if that's how it's done i.e. there's no 'knurled' screw in the take up side of the magazine (at least not in my one) and won't it just wobble all over the place?

Thanks

Justin,

To the best of my knowledge, you can't use a daylight spool on the take up side of the mag, only on the feed side. Use a regular plastic core for the take up side.

Best,

-Tim

Thanks for the quick reply Tim. That's a pity but kind of what I'd expected having looked at the mag.

I would like to retract and rectify my original post on this thread. I was thinking of Eclair ACL magazines, not the Aaton LTRs when I made the October 08 post. Since I own both cameras, and to my dismay, I apparently confused them. For the record, the ACL 400' or 200'magazine platters will come out, allowing 100' loads to be easily used on both feed and / or take up sides. As evidenced above, the Aaton LTR magazines are a totally different story. My sincerest apologies for the confusion.