What are you up to?

Jamie Metzger

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I got new glasses and a cable release that will work with a lens I bought for my 8x10. It's an older standard and about 90% of new release won't do the trick.

Mostly, though, I'm just enjoying my day off resting. Tomorrow I'll be pulling focus on a lot of steadicam stuff. I expect most of the day to be steadicam, in fact.

I have finally received all 3 of my Scuba Books from amazon. So cheap too! I'm reading a great book called "neutral Buoyancy" which is a divers account of his personal experiences mixed with tons of history and his own investigations into diving subculture.

I am really glad that this book arrived first. It is very non technical, and I am learning quite a lot just from reading his stories. I can imagine that when i read the technical books, and they start talking about nitrogen narcosis, or diving tables, it might have gone over my head, but I think I am pretty well prepared. Can't wait to get scuba certified and dissapear into the water whenever i want.

This has been a 2-3 year in the making goal for me. I'm getting close, and I can all ready see the benefits of doing my own research and education.