Arriflex 16BL Crystal Sync Package $4000

Gustavo Figueroa

Looking to sell my Arriflex 16BL TXM-27 conversion camera. It's served me well on a number of music videos. Just trying to liquidate some of my gear in hopes to upgrade to Super 16. Heres a little about the TXM-27 for those of you don't know much about it (Shame on you lol).

TXM-27 restores the 23.976 and 29.970 crystal speeds once offered in the TXM-9, now with an added Phase button that is used for filming from video and special 24 FPS monitors.

Ideal for Audio Recording With New Media

The 23.976 and 29.970 speeds are ideal for filming along with double-system audio on DAT, CD, Deva, Hi-Fi videotape, or other media. By exposing film at the exact same speed that the Rank or other film scanner transfers film to NTSC video for computer or videotape editing, you can forget about recording audio with special odd time code rates or sampling frequencies. No audio or time code pulldown or expensive time code chasing equipment is required to sync up the picture and sound. Just record with the normal 29.970 non-drop-frame time code (if desired) and 48 kHz sample rate. The conventional HMI speeds included are 24 and 30 FPS (frames per second.)

If you want more info heres a link to everything you need to know about this marvelous little motor. Kudos to Clive Tobin guy's a genius.

http://www.tobincinemasystems.com/page35.html

Heres what comes with this package:

• ARRIFLEX 16 BL CAMERA
  • ANGENIEUX 12-120mm F2.8 "Blimped" Lens
  • You get both viewfinders the original straight periscope and the "Swan" neck periscope
  • 2 ARRIFLEX 16 BL 400ft Magazines
  • ARRIFLEX 16 BL Magazine Cavity Cap * Rare *
  • 12v Battery + Charger
  • Stabilizing Arm
  • Changing Bag
  • Matte Box
  • Packing Case for camera (The case has a metal Eclair badge but the 16BL fits well inside)
  • Case for magazines (handle missing)
  • Clapperboard
  • Manual
  • 1 can of 400ft Fuji Film
  • Various SINAR filters 85B, ND03, ND06, Star filter, Soft Filter, Color etc.

I'll be glad to answer any questions. Thank you!

post-30260-1223067571.jpg

post-30260-1223067587.jpg

Edited by Gustavo Figueroa

• 2 weeks later...
I don't mean to be rude, but the price is high.

A friend bought a S16 Eclair ACL with heavy duty motor (8 to 75 fps) and 2 mags for $3000 not long ago.

If there are no takers you may want to reconsider your asking price.

I understand. I willing to take offers like I said. Throw me some numbers out there lol. I'll consider all offers. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...