Panasonic AG-HMC 150

Sakari Suuronen

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tested the new Panasonic AVCHD camera? It seems to be really interesting new little camera with loads of potential.

Barry Green over at DVXUser has spent some time shooting with it and has written some about it. The word on the street is good. If you can't afford a P2 camcorder, the 150 is a pretty tight camera. Just keep in mind that the AVCHD codec is a royal PITA to work with unless you have certain editing software that handles the codec natively. FCP users will not have a good time transcoding all of the AVCHD to DVCProHD or ProRes.

No variable frame rates either, I would miss those so much. But the cam itself if physically very similar to the HPX170, which is one of the most operator friendly prosumer cameras ever made as far as I am concerned.

I will have a very comprehensive article about transitioning from the HVX200 to the HPX170 that will go live over at www.kenstone.net the day after tomorrow (Sunday).

Dan

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to report that I've been shooting with a Panasonic HMC-150 for 2 years -- and it has a signature "hashtag" artifact pattern at 100%. I've compared the footage to that of an identical unit at another studio, and it seems to be inherent in the model. I haven't had this problem in regular usage of more expensive cameras (EX-1, EX-3) or in cheaper cameras (Canon HF-G10).

If anyone has noticed the same artifacts, let me know.

-Carl.