Issues when Sending to Soundtrack Pro from FCP

Mitch Lusas

I'm having issues Sending audio files to Soundtrack Pro from Final Cut. It's the latest Studio version (sorry, I'm not currently on my editing computer to get the version number).

Here's what happens:

I send the audio to Soundtrack Pro as an Audio Project (problem occurs whether using just Referenced Audio or Using the Entire Clip). When I save the file in Soundtrack Pro, even if I have not edited, I go back to FCP and the Out Point moves over to the left cutting off most of the clip (it's not a set number of frames, it seems to randomly either go all the way to the In Point or a few seconds away from the In Point). I cannot extend the Out Point as the clip shows that the Out Point is all the way against the end of the clilp. Sorry, it's a bit confusing.

Anyway, I've found a work around that involves me edit the actual clip and changing the saved name. So basically, I'm duplicating the file and editing that; then reconnecting the audio to that new edited file. However, I would love to edit the way it's supposed to be done through a .stap file.

So, has anyone run into this problem? If so, do you have any work arounds that allow the use of a .stap file?

Thanks,