HPX500 and green screen

David Desio

Hey all,

I have a problem...when shooting green screen my subject looks great, nice color, but I get a little white artifact around the crotch and armpit areas...really anywhere that there is only a few pixels of green showing.

This white won't go away in keying and shows up even in the raw footage.

here is what I'm seeing:

Edited by David Desio

Hey all,

I have a problem...when shooting green screen my subject looks great, nice color, but I get a little white artifact around the crotch and armpit areas...really anywhere that there is only a few pixels of green showing.

This white won't go away in keying and shows up even in the raw footage.

here is what I'm seeing:

It looks like you have detailing switched on in the camera. Turn it down or off in the camera menu.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Now I did shoot a test with the detail at -3 and it didn't seem to make much difference. I heard that the HPX500 does not shoot in true 1080i, but rather the footage is up-rezzed in the camera which may be causing this problem.

Thoughts...anyone?

Update....

just in case anyone was as stumped as I am...I received a call from Panasonic and they told me to send them the camera. After viewing the screen shots they couldn't say what was going on but that it was not supposed to look like this. I'll send the camera in and keep everyone posted as to the cause of the problem.

Dave