Hvx shutter angle?

Ulas Yigit Ulker

I know this has been disscussed 53485395 times in all forums on internet world,but i decided to give a free carabian islands holiday who can make me understand :P

Yes i do understand the aim of shutter angle,but i saw a guy who changes the angle from 180 to around 270 and then chooses the 1/120 shutter back again,so what is the aim of changing if he is not choosing the shutter angle he already changed?Am i mising smthng or do i undertsand the hole thing wrong from the beginning?

Because what i do normally if i need to change the angle in any degree ,i leave the shutter speed setting in that mode...We have big bet with the guy...I need to give the answer as written because he doesn't believe in me..I tried thousands of time; because it doesn't make any sense what you set of the angle if you turn back again to any default shutter speed..

Masters; Thanks in advance

Edited by Ulas Yigit Ulker

Okay I'm not familar with the HVX, but I've give this question a shot. Shutter Angle and Shutter Speed both relate to the amount of time a frame is exposured to light.

A shutter angle of 180 degrees at 24fps will result in an exposure time of 1/48th of a second.

Changing the shutter angle to 270 will result in an exposure time of 1/32th of the a second.

Changing the shutter speed to 1/120th of a second equal a shutter angle of 72 degrees.

So assuming you have a choice of setting the shutter on the HVX using either shutter angle or shutter speed your friend will ultimately be going from a exposure time of 1/32th to 1/120th - which is going from a setting that will give you a reasonable amount of motion blur to a setting that will give you very little motion blur.

The maths to figure this out is fairly simple...

FPS * 360 / Shutter Angle = Shutter Speed

and

FPS * 360 /Shutter Speed = Shutter Angle