Some more things you might want to know

Alan Lasky

yeah... I was hoping to shoot with them some time soon... Really want to get the uncompressed format. The only other 4k (35mm) cam. is Red and they seem dead set against an uncompressed feature on any of their cameras.

Also, the DC division was sold off to Arri, right? What was the agreement between Arri and Dalsa... Is Dalsa prohibited from starting a New DC division, and restarting the Origin and Evolution rentals?

• Premium Member
Also, the DC division was sold off to Arri, right? What was the agreement between Arri and Dalsa... Is Dalsa prohibited from starting a New DC division, and restarting the Origin and Evolution rentals?

No, the deal for ARRI to license Dalsa technology fell through... and why would Dalsa be able to start a new Digital Cinema division now when the old one couldn't support itself???

No, the deal for ARRI to license Dalsa technology fell through... and why would Dalsa be able to start a new Digital Cinema division now when the old one couldn't support itself???

If there's enough interest in the use of it.... I mean they basically built the Evolution, then closed up shop. The Evolution being lighter, I'm sure will attract more people. They never even gave it a chance to get out there.