Can't set manual Iris on SG PRO/Canon EF/HVX 200

Kirk Anderson

So I've shot a few things with a P+S with PL mount and ziess super speeds, but we decided to buy some less expensive gear and give it a whirl.

We bought a SG PRO, a few old canon EF mount lenses and some other goodies.

We got everything set up and ready to shoot some tests, but whenever I change the f-stop on the Canon lens nothing happens.

I took off the lens and looked through it and adjusted the f-stop and no blades are moving.

I've checked that it is set to manual and tried it on all the lenses, the blades don't move on any of them.

Is there a little trick I'm missing? I've searched around and no one has an answer for me yet.

I don't want to use the HXV iris after spending all this money on new equipment. What is everyone else doing?

When I used the P+S and Zeiss glass we had it set up by a rental house and everything was easy as pie.

Side note: I'm also wondering how to check our "back focus" or how to set it up. The SGPro manual doesn't say anything about it and I haven't found a tutorial online. My buddy with a letus was talking about how hard it was to set and now I'm concerned about our brand new rig.

Thanks in advance for you answers!

Best!

K

So I've shot a few things with a P+S with PL mount and ziess super speeds, but we decided to buy some less expensive gear and give it a whirl.

We bought a SG PRO, a few old canon EF mount lenses and some other goodies.

We got everything set up and ready to shoot some tests, but whenever I change the f-stop on the Canon lens nothing happens.

I took off the lens and looked through it and adjusted the f-stop and no blades are moving.

I've checked that it is set to manual and tried it on all the lenses, the blades don't move on any of them.

Is there a little trick I'm missing? I've searched around and no one has an answer for me yet.

I don't want to use the HXV iris after spending all this money on new equipment. What is everyone else doing?

When I used the P+S and Zeiss glass we had it set up by a rental house and everything was easy as pie.

Side note: I'm also wondering how to check our "back focus" or how to set it up. The SGPro manual doesn't say anything about it and I haven't found a tutorial online. My buddy with a letus was talking about how hard it was to set and now I'm concerned about our brand new rig.

Thanks in advance for you answers!

Best!

K

Contact Wayne or Glenn at shoot 35

sales@shoot35.com

I have a Letus and the BF is a PITA to set but once it's set, you are good as long as you don't change mounts. Not sure how this functions on the SG Pro, all of these adapters have their own little idiosyncrasies.

Sounds as if you have bought the Canon series that needs to have a little piece of plastic inserted to make the iris connection, that's why I went with the Nikons, you don't have to do this hack, although I don't think all Canon lenses are this way.

Good luck,

Dan