Buying More DVX100Bs

Michael Hall

Hello all,

I have two Panasonic DVX100Bs that I have paid roughly $3000 for. Yet lately I have been seeing deals from $800 to $999. Upon ordering one of these packages, I was informed that this wasn't the whole camera, or that I would need to buy more parts. Would anyone have more information on these sales, and what exactly I would be missing out on if I went with this instead of the whole package at $3000+? Thanks in advance.

No, it was from Sonic Cameras, which I believe is based out of New York.

The weirdest thing is everyone seems to buy these cameras for around the same price, $2300 and up, yet when you google "Panasonic DVX100B", all the stores are selling them for $999. I'm sorry if I'm confusing, because the truth of it is, I'm confused as well.

When I was browsing for my HV30 there were tons of sellers offloading cameras for $279 - $329. I looked up some of these names on the HV30 forum, and all I would would here was bad news. I think Sonic Cameras was among these dealers, you should try and reclaim your money, these people sound really unscrupulous. Threaten court action if you must.

Good Luck.

I have two Panasonic DVX100Bs that I have paid roughly $3000 for. Yet lately I have been seeing deals from $800 to $999. Upon ordering one of these packages, I was informed that this wasn't the whole camera, or that I would need to buy more parts. Would anyone have more information on these sales, and what exactly I would be missing out on if I went with this instead of the whole package at $3000+? Thanks in advance.

It's a scam. They lure you in with the too good to be true price and that's exactly what it is. They are fly-by-night companies and the internet makes it easier for them. They sell the body for $1000, and stuff like batteries and other basic items to make it function are absurdly overpriced priced. So in the end, you don't end up saving money. If you try to just say no to the add-ons and up-sells, then don't expect to receive your item any time soon, if at all, or get a call returned.

They are often grey market items or undisclosed that they are refurbished. Warranties are not always valid or have to be sent to Mexico for repair. I have even heard of people getting Japanese NTSC cameras and all the menus and buttons are labeled in Japanese.

I once bought a camera at a slightly lower price, although I research the company with better business bureau beforehand, I still got hit with up-sells for getting a battery included.

I suggest call the company and cancel your order, then call your credit card company or bank and stop payment.

Edited by Michele Peterson