Phantom Competition? & Light Solutions

Guest Kal Karman

Guest kalkarman

Hello,

Say you want to shoot 1000 FPS situations that are lit more for a 25FPS 400ASA film situation. No solution I guess?? Any of you out there know of a high speed digital camera that can give you 1000FPS even at 'normal' lighting conditions?

Perhaps more industrial high speed cameras? Crash test stuff, etc...

I only know about the phantom & the weisscam... I'm curious what else is out there.

Many thanks,

Kal

• Premium Member

The Phantom is higher sensitivity than 400 asa.

Please use your full real name as required by this forum.

Stephen

Hello,

Say you want to shoot 1000 FPS situations that are lit more for a 25FPS 400ASA film situation. No solution I guess?? Any of you out there know of a high speed digital camera that can give you 1000FPS even at 'normal' lighting conditions?

Perhaps more industrial high speed cameras? Crash test stuff, etc...

I only know about the phantom & the weisscam... I'm curious what else is out there.

Many thanks,

Kal

Just saw a test on the Weisscam HS-2, in Beijing. They rated the camera in the beginning at 1000 ASA but have (wisely) lowered to 600 ASA.

But I am sure you can still see a reasonable image when rated at 1200 or 2400 ASA. This 600 ASA is based on the much higher aesthetic demands for commercials and high end broadcast.

anyway, you need special things for special applications, there is no tool that does it all.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Phantom HD Gold at 2.2 Gamma is 160 ISO. Set your meter accordingly. Expose to hold highlights and fill shadows more than you would normally for a well exposed image. Make sure the camera is black balanced regularly.

Stephen Price

Love High Speed