How is this done?

Hello folks,

What I have recently found makes me really jealous. Could you please check the following link a tell me, how this is done? Notice the shot starting at 1:12. Camera is moving forward, right above the ground, so you feel like you are flying. It cannot be on dolly, because the shot is so long that the dolly track would be visible. I don't believe, that the guy would bring a crane, jib or something like that on this location. But how?

http://www.vimeo.com/924678

Thank you for any response.

It looks like digital animation to me, like none of those shots were actually done as cine work.

There were a ton of tip-offs for this, but the big one was the blue sky and clouds reflecting PERFECTLY in the lake water with no loss of color at all! Almost like it was a mirror!

Hell, someone should SUE that country for false advertising.

Plus, not one chick with big boobs, so I SURE ain't visiting!

Edited by Ira Ratner

its done using adobe after effects, AKA 3d image. below is the link to something I did in less then an hour, its not clean but it has that effect you want! I took stills from google.com and cut them up and place them to my liking! I wanted the city of Boston to be the establishing shot and I want to to drag the footage into the house! if you go to youtube.com search after effect 3d images, you will learn there this can also be done on photoshop! you can also go to creativecow.com they will teach you tons of these effects!

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/p...moviesample.flv

Yes you can! go to http://library.creativecow.net/video_tutorials.php and also search youtube.com under how to after effects, there you will learn all the tricks! you can download after effects trial version that you can use, photoshop cs3 or after effects is the programs used for these effects but I find both are almost the same except photoshop is for stills only and has brushes and after effects is for video with no brushes, if you learn one you will know how to use both but the come hand in hand!

My pleasure to help you!

• 2 weeks later...

This is NOT done digitally. It is done by the guy. I once heard someone talking about this guy and how he did this, but I cannot remember the details. Some of it looks like steadicam, other parts could be a custom crane or something. I will look into this.

Hi!!

mokey

for sure is not digital effects.

could be a steady cam or hand held and the stabilize with shake smooth-cam, final cut smooth-cam or planar tracker.

or could be a remote control helicopter and the the same process as steady cam.

you can't to this digital on 2D like after effects vanishing point, could be done in 3D soft but the texture is so real that i couldn't believe is made digital.

bye!

GT

• 2 months later...
Looks like time lapse for the lake and mountains with moving clouds. And the rest is steadicam... Don't think there's anything digital about it.

The giveaway for Steadicam is the very slight side-to-side nodding movement.

He must have made a real mess of those meadows, though, trampling through them like that!

• 2 weeks later...

hello everybody!

That is what it says written under the video.

"Time Lapse Photography by David Fortney, Soundtrack by Blair Herbert. Directed and created by Philip Cacayorin"

I think that is how most of it is done.The flying leaf is digital.

hello from germany

sebastian

• 1 month later...

Sebastian from Germany !! A winner.

Philip Cacayorin here. Yes it is David Fortney doing his magic and he is amazing. This was a demo we created submitted to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. Yes, the funky leaf was just an example for the Canadian Group. Typically, I produce and engineer all the soundtracks to my work, but in this instance my buddy Blair had the perfect score.

Sebastian...you rock.

Philip.

Hello folks,

What I have recently found makes me really jealous. Could you please check the following link a tell me, how this is done? Notice the shot starting at 1:12. Camera is moving forward, right above the ground, so you feel like you are flying. It cannot be on dolly, because the shot is so long that the dolly track would be visible. I don't believe, that the guy would bring a crane, jib or something like that on this location. But how?

http://www.vimeo.com/924678

Thank you for any response.

There appear to be a number of techniques. Some of them pretty clever, motion control while time-lapse. Could be any number of rigs, the easiest would be with telescope tracking platforms.

Then there are the Jib-Arm shots that move over the cliff, it's involved to shoot, but the payoff is well worth it.

There are a number of smaller jib-arms that could accomplish this, and perhaps he had his trusty cinema-trained Guide to help.

The "Bee's Eye View" hovering through the foliage could be any number of steady-cam rigs with the camera mounted upside down dog's eye view mode.

Remember, this is travel eye-candy for those that love the woods. THey're going to put some bucks into it.

Quite beautiful stuff, would've liked to hear some of the environment, there's nothing like a babbling brook that actually babbles.

(just noticed the explanation at the bottom of this page, wasn't too far off)

Yes you can! go to http://library.creativecow.net/video_tutorials.php and also search youtube.com under how to after effects, there you will learn all the tricks! you can download after effects trial version that you can use, photoshop cs3 or after effects is the programs used for these effects but I find both are almost the same except photoshop is for stills only and has brushes and after effects is for video with no brushes, if you learn one you will know how to use both but the come hand in hand!

My pleasure to help you!

The horizons give the reality away.

After Effects is a great application, but it wouldn't be necessary. Shooting the practicals would be the best option.

This is backed by the Canadian Government, they can afford to do it right.

The horizons give the reality away.

After Effects is a great application, but it wouldn't be necessary. Shooting the practicals would be the best option.

This is backed by the Canadian Government, they can afford to do it right.

Nope, all self funded and what we do for a living. But your input is so appreciated. Yes, it is a proprietary gimple, no effects just talent. Although your input is so very appreciated here ! Thanks for listening and looking.

Philip Cacayorin

Directing Producer of Advanced Media