Revolutionizing the Industry!!!....!

Chris Keth

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "revolutionizing the industry" they mean selling me a Letus Extreme that was a demo at NAB(which I had to send to back to Letus for calibration), but charging me the full price and not even doing me the courtesy of including everything that was supposed to come with it, then they are definitely living up to this claim...

so that you can take a really nice small compact mobile lightweight camera and turn it into a really big awkward heavy immobile cumbersome pain-in-the-butt camera!

I think the camera and lens cost 1500-2000 dollars. The matte box and tinker-toys cost over $5000. The wedding memories- priceless ;)

I think the general idea is these new digital SLRs can shoot 24fps in HD resolutions are going to be revolutionary . . . we'll see, though some of the videos I have seen look pretty good.

The new Canon 5DII does that. Apparently it is quite surprising!

Resistance is futile! Pretty soon, human civilization will have to surrender to her and, eventually, will be assimilated. :P

She' not THAT kind of alien, dude. She has no Borg implants and doesn't have Jerry Ryan's boobs........and even if she DID, you couldn't tell under that big ass blue coat she's got on! Who the hell DRESSED this woman, the Taliban? UMMM Paul is that what you guys call the "nekked parts" in Mississippi, 'cause here in Texas, that term means something TOTALLY different. :rolleyes:

Edited by James Steven Beverly

I get it, the whole thing about the ad is to show how trendy and hot film making is. I mean, look at the current state of the industry. Everyone and their mothers want to be filmmakers, Hollywood style, to boot. Hell, at this rate I will have to go back to food service, but that is cause I was never a good looking DP anyway.

• Premium Member

What's oddest is the boom guy.... Is that an ME66 in his pocket or is he just happy to be 50% transparently there?

If anything I think the add is also to show how "easy" it is to use these camera with the rig. Now; why anyone would use them like this... I don't know.