my reel

Brad Grimmett

• Premium Member

I've finally stepped into the 20th century and started building a website. As of now all I have up is my reel, which I guess is the most important part anyway.

Have a look. There is a high res version and a lower res version. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

bradgrimmett.com

And please let me know if the download times are very long.

Lovely, download times are OK for the low res, didn't try the hi res.

Only thing I would fix is the shot of the guy in the hospital halfway through. It seems to be anamorphic but it is left un-stretched, so it looks distorted vertically. Minor thing, really . . .

I've finally stepped into the 20th century and started building a website. As of now all I have up is my reel, which I guess is the most important part anyway.

Have a look. There is a high res version and a lower res version. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

bradgrimmett.com

And please let me know if the download times are very long.

I tried the "hi-res" version and gave up without playing it on my pretty hi-speed DSL connection. The "low-res" plays just fine and the work looks good.

• Premium Member
Only thing I would fix is the shot of the guy in the hospital halfway through. It seems to be anamorphic but it is left un-stretched, so it looks distorted vertically. Minor thing, really . . .

Hmm, that's strange. It looks fine when I play it. It was 1.85 and as far as I know is still in the correct aspect ratio. I guess it could be a bit off, but I don't think so. I'll check it out.

• Premium Member

Brad, you might want to use flash for the low res version. I think it'll help the quality. If you'd like I can try to do a conversion to a .flv for you early next week. You'd need to find some coding though to get it properly embedded in the webpage. Aside from that looks ok in low-res, but i think you can get better. what compression are you using?

• Premium Member
I tried the "hi-res" version and gave up without playing it on my pretty hi-speed DSL connection. The "low-res" plays just fine and the work looks good.

Thanks. Yeah, I figure I'll leave the high res up there for anyone who really wants a better look. I'll definitely keep the low res up though.

Hi Brad,

The work itself looks awesome!

One this I would point out is there is a shift in the title position when you go to the default page and click High Rez version. A small thing, but easy fixable.

If Matthew can't see it, he may not have the quicktime plug in for his browser. Adrian suggested a flash file. Another advantage to that is that that format is a little more independent of the Windows vs. Mac conflicts and as long as someone is using a browser that less than 3 years old, it should have the plug in and play fine.

Tom