HA! Another Showreel!!!

Alex Haspel

Hi everyone.

The second and newest version of my showreel is to be found here: www.alex.haspel.at

formats used range from dv to 35mm.. budgets from non-existant to hardly existant.

Any comments would be highly welcomed, especially as i am not trusting my editing abilities too much...

and to keep everybody looking, a little challenge:

who can spot the (i think it is a desisti) HMI ballast? :)

the winner gets my collection of bounced cheques...

All the best from Austria,

Alex

Edited by Alex Haspel

• Premium Member

Last shot. Under the table as the couple walks out into the courtyard. You can keep the bounced cheques.

Some really beautiful work in there, Alex. I love the look of the fur commercial (I assume that's what it is). I can't imagine it looking any richer.

Edited by Chris Keth

Last shot. Under the table as the couple walks out into the courtyard. You can keep the bounced cheques.

Some really beautiful work in there, Alex. I love the look of the fur commercial (I assume that's what it is). I can't imagine it looking any richer.

Damn, was it that easy? i saw it for the first time yesterday, after probably seeing the shot a thousand times!

needless to say, it was left in the frame with a reason, of course! ...to distract industry insiders from the iris pull :)

Thanks a lot for kind words, everybody loves those, and i am no exception.

And, ahem... that was an anti-fur commercial. .. of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Also, ich möchte das Verhältnis Bild-Ton ansprechen: Während das Bild mehrere Stränge ausbreitet und wieder auflöst, baut sich die Musik mehr und mehr auf, was eine eigenartige Spannung erzeugt, die aber nicht entladen werden kann. Ich hatte merkwürdigerweise eine Aversion gegen den jungen Mann im Bademantel am Ende. Er geht so dekadent lässig, dass es nervt. Filmisch sind wir in der Werbung, ganz klar.

Translation

Referring to the relation between image and sound, the first spreads out several lines and dissolves them, the latter comes in an heightening manner. This produces a strange tension which will not be discharged. Remarkably I had an aversion for the young man in bathrobe who walks in a decadent way. The whole thing is clearly advertisement.

The green background is awful.

Edited by Simon Wyss