Question on Morse G-3 tank

I just got in a lightly used Morse tank to do my processing. I printed out the manual off the web, question I have concerns clamping the film into the reels. The picture I posted shows an upright piece within the opening which is the clamp. When I put a piece of film in, the clamp certainly holds it, but makes no attempt to stay tightly clamped. Am I just missing something obvious here? Im ready to carve out a rubber block to wedge in the opening, to hold the latches tight.

Ideas, am I missing a part?

002-2.jpg

Edited by ray morgenweck

I just got in a lightly used Morse tank to do my processing. I printed out the manual off the web, question I have concerns clamping the film into the reels. The picture I posted shows an upright piece within the opening which is the clamp. When I put a piece of film in, the clamp certainly holds it, but makes no attempt to stay tightly clamped. Am I just missing something obvious here? Im ready to carve out a rubber block to wedge in the opening, to hold the latches tight.

Ideas, am I missing a part?

002-2.jpg

DUH<<< I just wasnt trying hard enough! so afraid of breaking things....

I had the same problem! I tinkered with those reels for quite a while, thinking I had the wrong reels or maybe a missing part.

Finally decided there was more room in the slot for the part to move so I 'forced' it and CLAMP! When the reels are set for 8mm, does one hold

100 feet? And I guess I'd have to be able to do a cement splice in the dark to attach two rolls of Super 8?

I've only processed one roll of B/W reversal, but I'm going to try E-6 Ektachrome next weekend for a 48 Hour Film Festival.

Wish me luck!

DUH<<< I just wasnt trying hard enough! so afraid of breaking things....
Edited by Lonny