Camera rainproof camera

Hi,

i'm just wondering what is the best way of making a rainproof cover for a camera (35mm, 16mm, HD, etc.) if you don't have the proper respective cover ? Here in the UK we usually use poly bags which we cut holes into for the eyepiece and perhaps follow focus? How do other people do it? I've seen a lot of behind-the-scenes making ofs where the transparent cover always seems to be a perfect fit for the camera. Thanks in advance.

G

• Premium Member

Those transparent covers are often custom deals ordered in quantity by rental houses, I think.

For video cameras, kata's raincovers are pretty nice. They fit nice and tight while also being fast to go on and off. They're pretty well thought out as far as allowing battery and tape changes.

For film cameras, Custom Upholstery Products makes nice covers.

I always keep a transparent shower curtain, folded and tucked away in my AC kit. It's plenty of material if you want to cut it up, gaff tape it together and make a custom cover, or you can just throw it over the camera and cinch it up with grip clips. It's a cheap solution, and works well in a pinch.

• Premium Member
I always keep a transparent shower curtain, folded and tucked away in my AC kit. It's plenty of material if you want to cut it up, gaff tape it together and make a custom cover, or you can just throw it over the camera and cinch it up with grip clips. It's a cheap solution, and works well in a pinch.

I do the same thing with a sheet of visqueen I got from the grips. I can replace it the same way when I destroy it.