HVX-200 Tape Door Stuck

David Burns

Hi, folks.

One of our HVXs has a tape door that doesn't want to open. It opens only a sliver but I don't want to force it the rest of the way out of fear of damaging it further. There's no tape in it.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone here has a DIY solution for this so I can avoid the cost of sending it off to Panasonic. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Hi, folks.

One of our HVXs has a tape door that doesn't want to open. It opens only a sliver but I don't want to force it the rest of the way out of fear of damaging it further. There's no tape in it.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone here has a DIY solution for this so I can avoid the cost of sending it off to Panasonic. Thanks.

Hey David

It's probably the door release that is stuck. This dries up over time and then the door sticks. Close the door and keep pressing and releasing the blue release switch while holding the door shut. After you do that a few times let go of the door and try the release again. You can give the door a good pull while holding the release forward. This might work for you. If not you can send it up to us at AbelCine.

Hope that helps

Andy