BOLEX FLAT BASE ADAPTER((((LOOKING TO BUY))))

Patrick Clement

I got one of those. I don't think it allows for attaching the matte box. There is one made to adapt the matte box to round bottom Bolxes but I haven't seen it often.

Yeah saw that guy...watching it.

I really would love the base that Herb mentioned. The adapter that can adapt the matte box, although my real need is to stabilize my Bolex on the tripod. With my lens and various other attachments, it is worrying me to have t teetering on that little round base.

I'll buy that one if it stays cheap. Other wise I might just ask a friend in a machine shop to whip me up something similar.

Yeah saw that guy...watching it.

I really would love the base that Herb mentioned. The adapter that can adapt the matte box, although my real need is to stabilize my Bolex on the tripod. With my lens and various other attachments, it is worrying me to have t teetering on that little round base.

I'll buy that one if it stays cheap. Other wise I might just ask a friend in a machine shop to whip me up something similar.

I can sell you the one I got. It came with a Bolex H8 and I don't really use it since all my H16s are flat base ones. I have another flat base adapter that's made by Bolex. It's silver and much nicer looking. I'll see if I can find them and take some pictures to send you.

Herb I sent you a message. ...awesome! It seems that one I was watching disappeared from ebay.

Bolex accessories go fast on eBay. I have found various ones there and through other sources. The matte box I got I won through eBay in an auction bidding against Andrew Alden himself. Some accessories I'm lucky to find as a result of good timing, like a gate focuser and or magazine rollers. Eventually I find I don't need some things so I sell or trade them. I got two H8s, one I got through a trade another I bought locally. But I use my H16s more often.

Bolex accessories go fast on eBay. I have found various ones there and through other sources. The matte box I got I won through eBay in an auction bidding against Andrew Alden himself. Some accessories I'm lucky to find as a result of good timing, like a gate focuser and or magazine rollers. Eventually I find I don't need some things so I sell or trade them. I got two H8s, one I got through a trade another I bought locally. But I use my H16s more often.

Yeah I've been on the lookout for an Iris Vingetter for the last year. and they seem to be more than ellusive.

Herb, thanks for the email.

Yeah I've been on the lookout for an Iris Vingetter for the last year. and they seem to be more than ellusive.

Herb, thanks for the email.

I actually had a large adjustable iris that came from Edmund Scientific. It was used to control the light in a microscope stage. It's big enough to fit in front of most 16mm prime lenses. It's lost among my boxes of gadgets. But you can still get them from their optical accessories site:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/...?productID=1461

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...