Duplikin II to Nikon digital

Luisa Ehrich

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I have a Century Optics Duplikin II that I was hoping to mount to a Nikon D100. Unfortunately, there are no f-mount to c-mount adapters. Does anyone know how I might be able to make this happen?

Hi Luisa,

unfortunately I doubt that is going to happen easily. The FFD (flange to film distance) of C mount lenses is usually 17.52mm (or 20.76mm for Bolex RX lenses) and the F mount FFD is 46.5mm. Unless you buy or build some kind of relay optics there is no way of forming an image on the D100 sensor. Moving the lens farther in is no option either as the mirror will then hit the lens. AFAIK there were versions of the Duplikin for 35mm still cameras. I didn't even know there was a C-mount version of the Duplikin II!

Cheers, Dave

Actually, I am quite sure I saw somewhere online that this was possible.... I can't remember where, but I really want to do the same thing to test some c-mount lenses. I guess the mirror would have to be locked up in the slr if you are to fit the c-mount far enough back. If anyone knows how to do this, I would also be very interested in this info.

Waiting in suspense....

Kristian