Acion fight filming/shuter/fram?

saleem

hi,

i m shooting a fight between 2 guys. i want shoot like chines style or Jacky chun kind of fast

so i want know

how many i frame shoot 20fps or what?

how many shutter angel?

i shoot on 435es.plz give me some advice

• Premium Member

Yes, 20 fps might work. Anything between 18 to 24 fps is done sometimes for sped-up action, with probably 20 or 22 fps being more common. You just have to avoid obvious things that look wrong at that frame rate -- sometimes actors are told to "act" slower to compensate.

Shutter angle just depends on if you want that choppier, crisper, strobier look. Be careful because a shorter shutter angle can sometimes make even 24 fps action look sped-up, so you don't want to overdo it when combining it with lower frame rates as well.

Also watch out for any AC discharge lamps in the frame in terms of picking an "unsafe" off-speed.

Yes, 20 fps might work. Anything between 18 to 24 fps is done sometimes for sped-up action, with probably 20 or 22 fps being more common. You just have to avoid obvious things that look wrong at that frame rate -- sometimes actors are told to "act" slower to compensate.

Shutter angle just depends on if you want that choppier, crisper, strobier look. Be careful because a shorter shutter angle can sometimes make even 24 fps action look sped-up, so you don't want to overdo it when combining it with lower frame rates as well.

Also watch out for any AC discharge lamps in the frame in terms of picking an "unsafe" off-speed.

hi,thanks for your best advice.i m using a all tungsten lights.

also plz can u little bit more deatil tell me about or meaning this word

"you don't want to overdo it when combining it with lower frame rates as well."