SUPER 16MM ECLAIR NPR - GREAT CAMERA!!!

Martin Yernazian

Happy New Year!!

Sadly I have to sell my Super 16mm Camera, I'm involved in 2 productions this year and I'm will not be using it for a very long time.

First Let me tell you, This is a great camera. Smooth, Quiet and pretty light for its size.

I bought it and converted it to shoot a project, but now, happily, it's getting picked up by a studio, so as you see I don't need this camera anymore.

It has been converted to Super 16 by the Great Les Bosher in the U.K, he added an Arri PL mount so you could access to the best Lenses out there, both from 35mm and Super 16. He also added a support system and 15mm Rods so you could add a follow focus, lens Support, Matte Box, etc.

The Package includes a 4x4 Matte Box made by Les as well, and you can put 4x5 filters to.

The List

NPR #1154

Arri PL and C mount turret

Angenieux finder #170

Comes with hard to find Angenieux viewfinder, much brighter than

the original Kinoptik.

Aaton Alcan 24/25fps crystal motor #1051

(this motor is hard to find and very desired for it's small size)

17-85 T2 Taylor Hobson Lens. This is a small lens, but very bright and very clean.

2x magazines - #BA52, #BA44

2x lightweight 12V on-board NiCD batteries and charger (new)

12V 4Ah battery pack (needs recell)

NP-1 battery adapter

2x battery cables

Spare claw movement

Full Size Sound Barney for those very close indoor shots.

1500ft of Vision2 500D Stock, that I willing to sell with the package.

Owmer's manual

Service manual (in french)

Also as a gift I will include a copy of the 16mm book

Hurry up this won't last. The price of the package is 4000 dollars but I will take reasonable offers.

Best Regards

740732790_e7515cf052.jpg

740732628_9a1f130607.jpg

740732732_af0bd52211.jpg

• Premium Member
I just realize thanks to a few messages that the price was a bit to high

the new price of teh camera is 2500 dollars

Best

Hmm, how come? It seems that a Super16mm, PL-Mount camera that can hold 400' mags would be worth quite a bit. With a lens... What am I missing? I know the Eclairs are a little unwieldy, but...?

• Premium Member
Sadly I have to sell my Super 16mm Camera, I'm involved in 2 productions this year and I'm will not be using it for a very long time.

Martin,

I've been away for a while and I come back to see this! I am shocked. I thought that camera was your baby. We talked so much about it when you were putting the package together. What happened?

Best,

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

My Dear Cinematography.com Family

I know the selling of this camera has come as a surprise to some of you, but I have come to a point in my life were focus is needed the most if success is the absolute goal.

As a director I started my career in a camera job, as the years went by my camera skills, photography started to get better, as well as my writing, my direction, etc.

Thanks to that, I have enjoyed having many trades, been part of so many crews, so many movies and experiences, bad or good.

But for the past couple of years I've struggle keeping up with all of them, not in terms of capacity or talent, but in time and commitment. I've tried to achieve them all at the same time and understood that my purpose was getting hurt.

By plunging into "DP-ing", Editing, etc, projects for other people I understood that I was pushing mines aside and postponing them, getting to the point that I would talk about my projects and realize how long it had been since I made something of my own, the way I want to make things.

In a way what I'm trying to say to you, is that building a camera kit was very hard, and if you want to be a DP, well go for it, but to me, for now it is not a possibility.

I will trust the talent of some of you to make my vision a reality, and with that I will ask of you to trust me as your Director.

Thank you very much for all your help and advice

My very best

Martín Yernazian

• Premium Member
In a way what I'm trying to say to you, is that building a camera kit was very hard, and if you want to be a DP, well go for it, but to me, for now it is not a possibility.

I will trust the talent of some of you to make my vision a reality, and with that I will ask of you to trust me as your Director.

Hi Martin,

as sad as this is for my NPR's sister I have to say I'm happy for you for finding your spot on the set. For me, it was the other way around. I always thought of directing but realized over time that cinematography was my place. Sadly I don't have 2,5 K USD right now, that's really a great price for such a nicely modded camera!

Regards, Dave

• Premium Member

I don't know why people are hassling you. I'm guessing you just realized you can put money back in your pocket and rent a camera when you need too. No shame in that- hope you make a buck though on the sale- there is shame in selling something for less than you paid for it!

Dear David and Hunter and everyone....

I guess I owe an explanation to you all

First, why did I sold my camera? (yes it is sold) because even do I love cinematography, I'm a director first and forth most, I have always been that, it is not something that just happened and I decided to do it now. Trying to do both, plus the writing and the producing, it did limit a lot of resources including time. Also I was been a centralist and that's not good when you are part of a collaborative effort. Now I have 3 cinematographers that I know and I want them to be part of my crew (for different projects of course), and these guys are devoted cinematographers 100%, I prefer and trust them over me.

Second, The NPR is a fantastic camera, my system was great, and everywhere I showed it people were in awe over it. So why so cheap, very simple I wanted to get rid of it fast so I could focus on just building stories without having a camera in a case collecting dust and thinking oh man I want those lenses, oh man I need those rods, it was a nice distraction, but a distraction after all.

Third: why didn't I just rent the camera?.... no offense but that is the biggest hassle in world, again it will take focus out of the projects that I'm pitching this year, and it will take me even further into the other upcoming projects, trust me guys when I mean I need to focus, there is a reason why. I'm not a rental house, I'm a director.

Don't get me wrong I love to shoot, but right now is not the time for me to focus into having a camera and too put all the love that she needs, but instead , this is a time to make projects, be the Idea Man, to think on the Big picture and to be more open to different opportunities.

Best Regards