Camera-buying opinions

Guest Neil G Randall

Guest Neil G Randall

Should have the above budget for a new HD cam in a month or two. Will be used for shorts (privately) and docos where I work. Just wondering what the consensus is on the best way to spend the cash.

Will want XLR ins (2) or some kind of mic in; a manual focus; as wide as possible; and 25P capture.

I've noted the HVX200, XH-A1 and Scarlet. For obvious reasons, I'm trying to dismiss Scarlet out of hand, but it's a arse thinking I could have got so much more for the money in six-to-nine month's time. Still, I can't wait, so other suggestions are welcomed.

Ta.

Edited by Neil G Randall

Guest Neil G Randall

Probably should ahve mentioned I'm cutting in Vegas, which I know won't touch DVCPRO50 without Raylight.

If you get a chance to go to the site let me know if it was helpful or if you have any thoughts, feelings, comments, concerns, etc.

I think it is a good start. However, it felt like the camera descriptions are skin-deep. Sure it is great to have the manufacturer's website link right there to get more in depth info, but I still feel your website is a little slim info wise.

In other words, if your website doesn't have all the answers a reader needs and it redirects one to where they are, soon one would potentially bypass your website altogether.

It is a very promising start though, you could be becoming an excellent camera resource website should you address some of these issues.