Sony EX-3 with 2/3" Cine-Style Lens - Experiences?

barryagilbert

Hi All,

I'm prepping a shoot and considering using the EX-3 with the 2/3" lens adapter and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with that setup, and if they encountered any bugs or had any comments.

I've used the EX-1 which was perfectly fine - would like to see how it does with the better glass that the adapter would allow.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Did you use the EX-1 in that setup, or was it with its own lens?

Also, as far as I understand it the Sony 2/3" adapter is not optical - meaning you won't get the added depth of field etc etc....

Is there a particular reason that you are using the adapter other than trying it out (which I applaud, BTW)?

It is possible you could get a better result from a 1/2" lens, but there is only one way you can find out for sure!

• 1 month later...

Barry

We do this all the time in our rental deparment. The EX3 has an adapter - the ACM-21 - that takes the B4 (2/3") mount to the EX mount. When using it with HD glass the image is very nice and very clean. The ACM-21 has a pin adapter so the servo works great and the camera has Iris control.

When going from 2/3" glass onto a 1/2" chip you will get a magnification on the chip - x1.375 - so you will always be a little longer. Otherwise the image looks fantastic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Matti Poutanen
TRY THIS ONE

here is a link for bigger pic of the rig

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4980...mp;id=687375748

I´m planning to use that exact camera/lens in a short film soon. Did everything work out, you said the images were sharp, any reference shots? How wide was it at its widest (I´m planning to shoot pretty wide)?

By the way, what´s your opinion on using this camera and lens without the support rods, or are they necessary?

the only reference i have is the clip

it was very wide the lens is 4.7 but i guess it was a little more tele because of the end 1/2" cmos

i wouldn't recommend working without the rod support

it work very well