Lomo lens barreling

Hi,

I'm hoping that some of the more experienced forum users are greater experts on Lomo lenses then myself and can help me out a bit. I was wondering about the difference between Lomo lenses usable only on the Kovas vs. the lenses also usable on the Kinor. Is the limited use due only to the longer rear element, or is it also influenced by the type and width of barreling?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah that's pretty much it. The Lomo square front OCT-19 mount anamorphic lenses won't work on the Kinor 35 because the rear flange of the lens will hit the mirror, which is kinda a shame because the square fronts are much less expensive than the round fronts and except for the inherent breathing problem when rack focusing, have perhaps as good or better optical qualities than the round fronts. If I'm not mistaken though all round fronts and pretty much all spherical OCT-19 mount Lomos will work on both the Konvas M2 and Kinor 35 cameras. and all OCT-18 will work with an adapter.

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken though all round fronts and pretty much all spherical OCT-19 mount Lomos will work on both the Konvas M2 and Kinor 35 cameras. and all OCT-18 will work with an adapter.

All the Kinor lenses (AFAIK) will work on the the OCT19 mount Konvas. Many Konvas lenses will work on the Kinor, but be especially careful with shorter focal lengths, like 22mm and below as they will likely hit the Kinor mirror or may simply not clear the limited slace behind the Kinor lens mount. I have a 75mm Lomo macro that will not fit the Kinor as there is a protrusion of the barrel behind the lens mount flange. I didn't know about the squarefront anamorphics not fitting the Kinor-- thank's for that tip, Steve.

Bruce Taylor

www.Indi35.com

I didn't know about the squarefront anamorphics not fitting the Kinor-- thank's for that tip, Steve.

James is also called Steve?

You're confusing the hell out of us here.

Edited by Ira Ratner

Hi,

I'm hoping that some of the more experienced forum users are greater experts on Lomo lenses then myself and can help me out a bit. I was wondering about the difference between Lomo lenses usable only on the Kovas vs. the lenses also usable on the Kinor. Is the limited use due only to the longer rear element, or is it also influenced by the type and width of barreling?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The lenses of Kinor-35 cameras must have distance from rear glass surface of lens up to film a more of 19 mm.

This distance from design of Kinor-35 H camera.

Kinor-35 have special protective cone, inside of lens mount.

The lenses of Konvas-2M cameras must have distance from rear glass surface up to film a more of 13.5 mm.

The important of diameters of rear parts of lens and profile of this parts.

The russian standard OCT-19-144-83 describe of technical information about lens mounts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I may be mistaken, but I thought that the Kinor lenses had the continous focus gear rings suitable for follow focus systems, whereas the Konvas lenses had the scalloped focus rings (where the "scallops" were where your fingers were placed to rotate the lens by hand).

That seems to be true most of the time. I have a few Konvas lenses that have gears and what looks like an Arri pitch rather than the Kinor pitch-- and then there's the 20-120 Lomo zoom with beveled gears that don't fit any standard follow focus. There a number of other Konvas lenses that don't have the "scallops". Any of the non geared OCT19 lenses can be rigged for standard gears pretty easily.

Bruce Taylor

www.Indi35.com