Help! Nizo is not working

Pavan Deep

Hi

I just got a Nizo 561 it looks like it hasn't been used for years. I put in some fresh batteries but it doesn't seem to run, except for the light meter and zoom, I have used the electric remote, but still doesn't work, although I am not an engineer/technician I opened ithe side panel up and looked inside and everything works when I touch the starter motor/electromagnet thing, but seems that the electromagnet itself is not been triggered when I press the release trigger. Can anyone help me?

Pav

Check the Terminals in the Battery compartment to see if they're oxidized or dirty. The Contacts in the switch could also be dirty which may cause your problem. Anyone who repairs regular Cameras should be capable of doing basic repairs on a Supe8 Camera. You might be able to fix it yourself if you have the tiny screw drivers needed. I can guide you through the process of opening it up.

Here is a page from my Website addressing the matter of the Camera's Clutch which is an important part of maintenance.

http://www.geocities.com/filmanddigitalinf...aintenance.html