help selecting camera for golf video.

Sam Javor

Needs to be good (for golf swing), fast (needed in 3 weeks), and cheap (sub $1K)...

Basically my sister is a golf instructor and she would like me to do a couple instructional videos... the problem is that I'm gearing up to shoot an indie film so I have nothing saved up... and my best non film camera is a Panasonic WV-F250... I wasn't planning on grabbing an HD camera until march for another indie 'non-film' film...

So I was wondering what folks would suggest as a good match for golf in the sub $1K range and yet HD and not embarrassing to sell. :)

Intended distribution is DVD right now... but it'd be nice if it didn't fall to pieces if broadcast ... but that might be asking a bit much :)

right now my train for thought is the Canon HV30...because it's so freak'n cheap and apparently a number of you guys like it. I was wondering however how it would handle a golf swing... also if the HDMI output is a significantly better mechanism to capture the video then the HDV tape? ... I wouldn't mind grabbing a HDMI capture card and lugging around a computer if it was a worth while gain...

but any other cameras I should consider?