checkout some quality work

Waqas Khan

Hi Waqas,

Mister Morris is the strongest of the lot. It looks very controlled all the way through with the exception of the scene with the men in black suits against a black background; there's no separation at all.

Disturbance looks good, the sunset shot of the girl walking especially. I know the HVX can be tricky exposure-wise in those situations. Nice modification to the HVX color palette for the overall aesthetic.

The Parental Service piece is decent, but you let your highlights get away from you on the soccer ball and the man's arm.

Wrath-Fight doesn't work at all for a Cinematography piece. The threshold is so high on the images that instead of smooth tonality you have white, black, and digital noise.

And the watermark on your videos is very distracting. I would lose it.

Nice work, overall. Thanks for sharing it.

Hey Waqas,

I feel that Disturbance is probably your most recent work and I think it is the best (photography wise). The exposure is well controlled and the shot design works very well with what your trying to say story wise.

Mister Morris was my least favorite, some of the shots seemed to be locked off on the tripod and the composition suffered from it. I think composition wise this is your weakest up there. A lot of shots of the artist from profile when I want to see his expression on the rapper's face when he gets all into his students. The studio, as said with the guys in the black suits, some seperation would have helped, spot light from above to play as motivation from a "track light" or something. The shots of the sound board when the hand is moving, it's in the foreground and is out of focus. Doesn't effectively work for me when biggest subject in the frame is out of focus. Maybe you have part of the shot in the actual take where it is in focus, I do know part of it is in focus on the actual sound board automating but because it's not a tight shot of the faders moving it just appears the whole shot is soft to me. Movement (dolly) for the segments on the artist would of been a good thing to do. Pushing in when he was in the studio would of helped, as a music video our goal is to sell and artist and for hip-hop a push in would make the artist seem more epic. Plus based off the beat in the song it can serve as jump cuts throughout the push in which a lot of hip-hop videos do in cutting. Possibly things you can think about trying in your next music video if you would like.

Same goes as the previous comment about Wrath Fight and the watermark.

The work is not bad, as said it looks like everything keeps getting better and better. Disturbance looked very good.

Hey Waqas,

I feel that Disturbance is probably your most recent work and I think it is the best (photography wise). The exposure is well controlled and the shot design works very well with what your trying to say story wise.

Mister Morris was my least favorite, some of the shots seemed to be locked off on the tripod and the composition suffered from it. I think composition wise this is your weakest up there. A lot of shots of the artist from profile when I want to see his expression on the rapper's face when he gets all into his students. The studio, as said with the guys in the black suits, some seperation would have helped, spot light from above to play as motivation from a "track light" or something. The shots of the sound board when the hand is moving, it's in the foreground and is out of focus. Doesn't effectively work for me when biggest subject in the frame is out of focus. Maybe you have part of the shot in the actual take where it is in focus, I do know part of it is in focus on the actual sound board automating but because it's not a tight shot of the faders moving it just appears the whole shot is soft to me. Movement (dolly) for the segments on the artist would of been a good thing to do. Pushing in when he was in the studio would of helped, as a music video our goal is to sell and artist and for hip-hop a push in would make the artist seem more epic. Plus based off the beat in the song it can serve as jump cuts throughout the push in which a lot of hip-hop videos do in cutting. Possibly things you can think about trying in your next music video if you would like.

Same goes as the previous comment about Wrath Fight and the watermark.

The work is not bad, as said it looks like everything keeps getting better and better. Disturbance looked very good.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and comments I will look into those things next time for sure.

Hi Waqas,

Mister Morris is the strongest of the lot. It looks very controlled all the way through with the exception of the scene with the men in black suits against a black background; there's no separation at all.

Disturbance looks good, the sunset shot of the girl walking especially. I know the HVX can be tricky exposure-wise in those situations. Nice modification to the HVX color palette for the overall aesthetic.

The Parental Service piece is decent, but you let your highlights get away from you on the soccer ball and the man's arm.

Wrath-Fight doesn't work at all for a Cinematography piece. The threshold is so high on the images that instead of smooth tonality you have white, black, and digital noise.

And the watermark on your videos is very distracting. I would lose it.

Nice work, overall. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep in mind and will lose the water marks as you suggested. As far as the fight sequence I have the actual file and I'll try to control colors to make it look more cinematic.

Hey Waqas,

Honestly, I did not watch it. Can't you remove the watermark? I really don't see why you would use a watermark. I can't imagine anyone wanting to steel that footage, that hardly happens at all. Especially not from Vimeo or other Flash websites.

Secondly, you call your own work 'some quality stuff'.. Modesty is a nice virtue. :-) But no offence here.

If you could remove those watermarks, I'd be more than willing to watch it.

Edited by Maxim Dierickx

Hey Waqas,

Honestly, I did not watch it. Can't you remove the watermark? I really don't see why you would use a watermark. I can't imagine anyone wanting to steel that footage, that hardly happens at all. Especially not from Vimeo or other Flash websites.

Secondly, you call your own work 'some quality stuff'.. Modesty is a nice virtue. :-) But no offence here.

If you could remove those watermarks, I'd be more than willing to watch it.

I like you because you have a sense of humor and yes I'm converting my files to H.264 to replace with the ones I have as we speak. Only for you so you'd be able to watch and enjoy my work.