Movie Trailer

Hey guys. Just wanted to post a Trailer I put together for a couple of writer/producers looking to drum up interest in their feature film project. Not sure if it works as a straight up trailer, but as a companion piece to their script, I think it would be effective.

http://vimeo.com/2805274

Thanks for watching,

Jeremy

Great looking! I really like many of those shots. Some exteriors seemed flat and sometimes the blue didn't look quite right with skin tones... but otherwise I was blown away by many of the shots.

Really great stuff. Made me want to see more. Best of luck. I hope they bring you on board if it gets picked up.

-ryan

Hey Jeremy,

I presume that you already know the good stuff, so I'll just jump straight to what I think could've been improved on.

The editing, seems a bit jumpy and cinematographically in the middle of some good shots there were some shots where you overlit it. The lighting jumped out where it shouldn't, specifically with the lead.

Apart from that it came across really well and that you got the max out of what was provided to you.

Edited by Serge Teulon

Jeremy

First of all I'm jealous you got film making down one hundred percent. I am amazed at the quality here.

My opinion only though.

Some of the acting is not strong enough to sell this. Although I accept that the characters weakness may actually be an unforeseen strength. However watching this its not apparent.

The trailer is not showing me anything different to what I have seen a million times before. The trailer is not making me ask questions only philosophising on universal thoughts. There is nothing new here. It's not making me want to watch it In fact its doing the opposite. The reason I want to watch though is because Im looking at the amazing high production standards you have achieved and nothing more.. If you have a great script then show it.. Maybe work with the actors. Help them to really live the roles.

Really what you need is great acting high production values at this stage are not so important as showing what the script could be.

Mark, I couldn't agree more. I essentially told the producers the same thing. When seeking out investors it will work as a companion piece to the script to show them the visual style of the film. It will give them the feel. But as a traditional trailer to the masses, I don't think it works.

Thanks so much,

Jeremy