Canon TV zoom lens on Eclair NPR

Blith Clockwalk

Canon TV zoom lens V6x17 17-102/2.0

I just received this C-mount lens: Canon TV zoom lens V6x17 17-102/2.0.

I had some problem fitting it in the C-mount because the know was in the way so I took took the knob off which helped and I was able to screw the lens on but now the F stop knob on the actual lens was in the way. I was thinking if any of you out there knew a way to mount this lens on Eclair NPR?

Is there some sort of extension C-mount ring that I could perhaps get in order to mount the lens on?

Here is a link where you can see images of the lens: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Here is another image of a lens like mine (in case the other one doesn't work): http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/images/79706.jpg

Hopefully some wiz out there has the answer, positive answer :)

Cheers!

post-30799-1232120790.jpg

I shoot with a few Canon TV-16 lenses in C-Mount on my NPR that work great because the diameter of the lens in the mount area is small enough that it doesn't make contact with the NPR's shutter housing. Your lens looks much different than the ones I use - the diameter of the lens in the mounting area is much larger. Because of the shutter housing on an NPR, you can run into trouble trying to use some of these "TV" lenses - and especially C-Mount adapters like the C-Mount to Nikon(Canon, etc.) that you see on eBay - they just don't work on an NPR from my experience. You could always add a C-Mount extension, but then you're probably pushing your lens into macro territory - because you are changing the flange distance - Probably not what you are looking for.

I think you may be outa luck with this lens on your NPR... And, it's prob not worth it to have a lens like this changed to a Camflex mount or whatever your turret has available in the other position when for the money, you could just buy a proper lens.

-KP

• 1 month later...
I shoot with a few Canon TV-16 lenses in C-Mount on my NPR that work great because the diameter of the lens in the mount area is small enough that it doesn't make contact with the NPR's shutter housing. Your lens looks much different than the ones I use - the diameter of the lens in the mounting area is much larger. Because of the shutter housing on an NPR, you can run into trouble trying to use some of these "TV" lenses - and especially C-Mount adapters like the C-Mount to Nikon(Canon, etc.) that you see on eBay - they just don't work on an NPR from my experience. You could always add a C-Mount extension, but then you're probably pushing your lens into macro territory - because you are changing the flange distance - Probably not what you are looking for.

I think you may be outa luck with this lens on your NPR... And, it's prob not worth it to have a lens like this changed to a Camflex mount or whatever your turret has available in the other position when for the money, you could just buy a proper lens.

-KP

Thanks a lot. First I´m going to take it to a camera shop and see if they have some sort of extension ring. I managed to fit it on it´s just when I tighten it it bumps into the camera. If I could get it tightened in a different place (earlier) then it should work fine.

Does that make any sense?

Thanks a lot. First I´m going to take it to a camera shop and see if they have some sort of extension ring. I managed to fit it on it´s just when I tighten it it bumps into the camera. If I could get it tightened in a different place (earlier) then it should work fine.

Does that make any sense?

I have a few C Mount extension tubes I purchased from Edmund optics... here's a link : http://tinyurl.com/cywnm8

But again, if you use an extension, you are turning your lens into a macro lens by changing the distance between the focal plane and your rear lens element. Lenses like this one were made for early video cameras. Although they may work on some film cameras(Although I've never tried), the NPR's protruding shutter housing seems like it would make this type of lens difficult to use. If you like the Canon lenses, and need a C mount version - Look for ones that are designated "TV-16". I have a whole set of Canon TV-16's from various zooms to primes. You can pick them up pretty cheap and they make very nice images. Avoid anything with a cable coming out of it like the one you have here.

• 11 months later...

-KP

I have a Canon TV-16 25-100 mm 1:1.8 No 29813. If some is looking make me an offer.