best place to buy p2 cards

Joshua Dannais

• 4 weeks later...
anyone have any suggestions where to find the best deal on P2 cards?

p.s. not interested in firestore.

thanks

I wish I could be of some help but I'm in the same boat. I'm almost ready to purchase the HPX-170 but I keep looking at the price of P2 cards and keep crapping my pants. The laundry bills are starting to eat at my camera budget!!! :blink:

I wish I could be of some help but I'm in the same boat. I'm almost ready to purchase the HPX-170 but I keep looking at the price of P2 cards and keep crapping my pants. The laundry bills are starting to eat at my camera budget!!! :blink:

The good thing about P2 cards is you truly can re-use them indefinitely. Make sure you've got two copies of the data before reformatting them, however.

We dropped $4k on our P2 cards when we first bought our cameras, but haven't spent a penny in stock since, except for the quite negligible cost of DVD-DLs. We still haven't hit breakeven vs. continuing to shoot DV, but the quality is so much better I think it was worth every penny.

And, no, I haven't found a great source for P2 cards, yet, either. Since it's really a Panasonic-specific medium, my guess is that you're going to be paying about MSRP anywhere you look.

My company sells P2 Cards and we are all held to MAP or Minimum Advertised Price. That is if we want to sell Broadcast Panasonic products we cannot advertise any price lower then what they list. So all the retailers should advertise the prices at MAP, unless they want to have their deal with Panasonic revoked.

My suggesting when buying P2 cards is to buy from someone who knows how to use them and offers some support to their clients. You can buy them for the same price anywhere but you won't always get the same support.

• 4 years later...